Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #31
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris

LOL!

This next bit might be TMI

I TOTALLY jinxed myself by posting while he is still awake So, um, he was VERY busy playing his reward of Angry Birds...and went #2 in his loose pants. So loose that it just rolled right out the leg and onto the carpet. And then my almost-8-yo DS1 STEPPED on one
LOL!! Oh no!! Maybe some tiny boxer shorts?? Or Fishstick designs has that cute pattern for boxer briefs, that looks so cute...

Definitely cursed yourself by posting when he was awake! Still lots of progress, yay!!

Advertisement

RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #32
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wish us luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
LOL!! Oh no!! Maybe some tiny boxer shorts?? Or Fishstick designs has that cute pattern for boxer briefs, that looks so cute...

Definitely cursed yourself by posting when he was awake! Still lots of progress, yay!!
I have that pattern and am planning to make him undies from it

Today was okay, he used the potty as long as he was naked or going commando I put him into trainers when we picked up DS1 from school, and left him in them. Every time I asked him to go potty he refused. When I checked him, they were wet.

Tomorrow will be another going commando day I guess. Unfortunately he asked me for his diapers today, he misses them.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #33
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Omg thanks for sharing all this. We're in a similar position but (shame) has been in disposable pull ups for 3 months now. I made fleece trainers but they didn't work and I haven't had the time... And daycare just asked that he please have something he can pull up and down.

Funny thing is, what's working to remind him (he had it down in February at 20 months) is letting it be mostly up to him and using bribes. I know both are unpopular but... He's 2 1/2.

Mornings I get his jammies and diaper off while he nurses (that was a big barrier if I tried it later), then it's "potty shower teeth and clothes" time. If he flat refuses I don't fight but if he even sits he gets a candy. Candy and praise for going.

Giving him candy just for sitting was our big breakthrough.

Daycare puts him on the potty every 45 min and expected him to learn to do it alone, which he has done.

We have 100% success with #1 at home naked, but not with anything at all on. Go figure. But he's starting to ask to go when he's wearing pull ups.

He has to help clean up and we say icky and talk about poop and pee going in the potty... No shaming or anger. Just matter of fact.

Still zero success with #2 though. Sigh. Maybe when final exams are done I'll spend another few days on a semi-boot camp method.

Anyway good luck! And thanks for the laughs.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #34
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
Omg thanks for sharing all this. We're in a similar position but (shame) has been in disposable pull ups for 3 months now. I made fleece trainers but they didn't work and I haven't had the time... And daycare just asked that he please have something he can pull up and down.

Funny thing is, what's working to remind him (he had it down in February at 20 months) is letting it be mostly up to him and using bribes. I know both are unpopular but... He's 2 1/2.

Mornings I get his jammies and diaper off while he nurses (that was a big barrier if I tried it later), then it's "potty shower teeth and clothes" time. If he flat refuses I don't fight but if he even sits he gets a candy. Candy and praise for going.

Giving him candy just for sitting was our big breakthrough.

Daycare puts him on the potty every 45 min and expected him to learn to do it alone, which he has done.

We have 100% success with #1 at home naked, but not with anything at all on. Go figure. But he's starting to ask to go when he's wearing pull ups.

He has to help clean up and we say icky and talk about poop and pee going in the potty... No shaming or anger. Just matter of fact.

Still zero success with #2 though. Sigh. Maybe when final exams are done I'll spend another few days on a semi-boot camp method.

Anyway good luck! And thanks for the laughs.
Good luck!!!

We are having what APPEARS to be moderate improvement. Fewer accidents, although the one yesterday all over an overstuffed chair was pretty bad...I mean of all the things he could have peed on

SO I have taken to giving him a towel atop a piddle pad to sit on if he is going to sit on the couch or a bed. He's pretty amiable about it (probably b/c he hasn't enjoyed participating in cleaning up his accidents).

Still going commando with pants. I really think that was a turning point. Now that he's not feeling any sort of "protection" or whatever the feeling of a diaper/trainer/undies provides, he's really much more aware.

He woke up from nap today totally dry. Peed a lot on the potty. I think it's just a matter of time/practice at this point

Old 12-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #35
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Still working on PLing here! When we're home, he wears pants and no undies/trainers and stays dry Things are going really well!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #36
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
Still working on PLing here! When we're home, he wears pants and no undies/trainers and stays dry Things are going really well!
Yay! Is he telling you when he has to go, or do you have to remind him to go?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #37
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He usually announces that he has to go and runs off If it's been several hours, I'll remind him to go do what he can. He's still earning 5 minutes of Angry Birds on Kindle when he goes...if he reminds me

Old 12-20-2012, 05:43 PM   #38
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

I'm so excited for you! I randomly thought about digging up this thread last night to check on y'all! I'm glad to hear he's finally cooperating ;-)
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #39
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm excited, I think I'm getting a PLed 3 1/2 yo boy for Christmas

He stayed dry ALL day today, and has been for the past few days. But today was important for several reasons. We went to church and I put him into a diaper; he stayed dry and went potty when we came home. Then, before nap, he told me he didn't want to wear a diaper b/c he doesn't like how they feel. But I told him it was only for nap and that it was a "potty training diaper for big boys" LOL...so he wore it. After nap, yep it was a little wet, but he wouldn't let me take it off. He danced to music for a while, and then I saw him take his diaper and pants off and run to the potty.

I think he's finally come to terms with using the potty and has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to wear diapers during the day when he's awake.

Old 12-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #40
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris
I'm excited, I think I'm getting a PLed 3 1/2 yo boy for Christmas

He stayed dry ALL day today, and has been for the past few days. But today was important for several reasons. We went to church and I put him into a diaper; he stayed dry and went potty when we came home. Then, before nap, he told me he didn't want to wear a diaper b/c he doesn't like how they feel. But I told him it was only for nap and that it was a "potty training diaper for big boys" LOL...so he wore it. After nap, yep it was a little wet, but he wouldn't let me take it off. He danced to music for a while, and then I saw him take his diaper and pants off and run to the potty.

I think he's finally come to terms with using the potty and has made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to wear diapers during the day when he's awake.
Awesome!!! Merry Christmas!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote