Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
Registered Users
Dear Baby Donna Creations

Approximate date of purchase: November through December 2011 (2 purchases)
Where did you purchase the item(s) from: Facebook/Etsy listing
What did you buy: 2 amber necklaces, a mei tai, stretchy wrap, 2 taggie blankets, 2 pocket diapers.

How was the customer service: When I first met her, the customer service was great. She was very nice and allowed you to customize everything. Turnover time was pretty quick considering what I got. I first ordered an amber teething necklace from her in November off of Etsy. It was a very nice necklace, well made, with a cute little magnetic heart clasp. I liked it so much that I decided to order some other things from her during her Christmas specials. That's when I ordered everything else. I really liked her products, at first. They all seemed well made and were all extremely cute. The diapers were flannel, lined with PUL, then lined with minky and she provided one microfiber/flannel insert per diaper. The taggie blankets were adorable, minky on one side and flannel on the other, with different textures of tags around the borders. The mei tai was flannel on one side and minky on the other, with flannel straps. She was on back order for the amber so had to send the necklace separately.
The first problem I had were that the diapers leaked like crazy, no matter how long my son was in them. He was about 5-6 months at the time so was not a heavy wetter. When I contacted her, she suggested I start using 2 inserts. I did, and they still leaked no matter what. I tried "sealing" the PUL, everything..but nothing worked. She refused to make me new diapers or give me a refund.
The second problem I had was when I received my second necklace. The first one was great,I loved it. The second one, however, was made from a stretchy material..stretchy enough for my son to be able to stretch it into his mouth. Also, the beads were not knotted in between each bead, so if it did break, he'd have about 10 beads to swallow. When I mentioned it, she said it was 100% safe but still refused to give me a refund, even if I sent it back to her. I basically just threw it out.
The last, and most concerning, problem I had was with the mei tai. When I bought this, I was VERY new at babywearing. I had bought myself a Bjorn before my son was born and then bought myself a used Ergo after he was born. I thought I'd really like a mei tai and couldn't afford a name brand one so I ordered from her. I had worn it a few times around the house, my son was a small baby so I just wore him in the front but wasn't comfortable taking him outside in it just yet. One day, about 2 months after buying the carrier, I was putting him on my back and "bouncing him" to get him in the seat when I heard that telltale ripping of threads. I immediately took it off and talked to some people in my local babywearing group who told me that flannel was unsafe for a carrier since it rips extremely easily. They had me to a stress test on the straps and, sure enough, they ALL ripped. I contacted her immediately, expressing the dangers of the carrier, and she just said it was my fault. I don't understand how it's my fault that you claim to be a babywearing expert and a pro when it comes to sewing. She didn't give me a refund for the carrier either, and I just turned it into another blanket. Oh and then she threatened to sue me for warning people not to buy the mei tais from her.

Would you do business with them again? No, never, and I encourage everyone to never buy from her either. I don't think she's selling anything right now and I hope to God she never does again.

Monkeylove05 is offline   Reply With Quote