Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #21
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie
If they have all that time to call and text, they have time to come over to wrap gifts and help take care of sick kids. I would leave the phone on and answer every text and phone call asking for help. Then they will probably stop calling on their own.
Awesome!

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #22
BrownCowMama
Registered
seller

So sorry...holidays are meant to be joyous! I would unplug and just focus on your, baby, kids and hubby. Stay in, and forget the little stuff! Hugs to you!
BrownCowMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #23
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My big pregnant Christmas rant

I'm sorry!!! Big HUGS!!! I would tell the sis and dad/smom that your counseling services are closed due to sickness/impending labor/holidays. Get the kids to decorate the tree, no matter how it looks, it's only for a couple of days anyway. ^what OHIOFIFI said about the wrapping. As far a cleaning goes, I would either get everyone to do their own rooms and try to get the dishes and laundry done myself and that should at least make you feel a little better OR don't worry about all that and be sure everyone stays hydrated, takes some vitamins and laugh about this year next year.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #24
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
I'm 39 weeks and am in the same boat as you. I have boycotted Christmas this year. I was too tired to get the wreath out of the garage and hang it on the hook on the front door.

I have a two yo so she doesn't know any better. I'm not going to my parents house - across town (or as i like to think of it the house of drama) for any events. I have not bought any presents. I told my DH not to buy me anything. My parents are coming by at 11:30 to give DD her presents and have a quick lunch. That's it. I would have skipped lunch if DH hadn't said something to my mother. I was thinking an hour was all I would have to deal with. But he is cooking.

I can't believe anyone really expects anything from you. You are very entitled to your vent!

Last edited by AniMommy; 12-22-2012 at 07:42 PM.
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote