Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which would be considered better? (long)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezpoofs View Post
Thirty-eight weeks might would be the perfect time for baby to born, if it was just the right time for that particular baby and if you could be absolutely certain that thirty-eight weeks was exactly as far along you were. Since you can't predict these things from the outside, I don't think this aspect can be determined accurately.
I know my dates within 1 day. I had a blood test on the 5/26 due to having a kidney infection. I started testing within 5 days of then and the day AF was due (6/11), I got a BFP. I had been testing because of symptoms and got faint +'s before then. Plus when I went in for my 1st appt, my old OB did an U/S to see if it was viable (too many MC's) and had my conception date of 5/26 instead of 5/25 like I had.

Advertisement

kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #12
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi View Post
I'd say 38wks too. I've had babies in the 37-39wk range for medical reasons and my 39 has done best long term wealth wise. My 37wk guy even though he was ok at birth has had allergy issues, chronic ear infections, asthma, etc.
If your dr will do 38wks I think it's good compromise in your situation.
DS was born at exactly 37 weeks and I was on bed-rest for 3.5wks before than due to PTL from what I now believe was from my gallbladder pain. He had no issues and was 6lbs 11ozs.

DD was born at exactly 38 weeks and had "some" issues but not from being born at 38 weeks. Part of her issues were because of withdrawal but that was caused by her genetic condition; Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome. It causes low-muscle tone and that made her not nurse well so she couldn't get much milk that had the tapering meds in it. Also she was jaundiced because of not being able to nurse properly.

38 weeks is not too early but not too late. I am having a really hard time being on the patch. The side effects are getting to be too much for me. The pain is 95% gone until my patch wears off. But the patch's side effects for the first 24 hours I have it on are what makes this hard on me. SEVERE itching that Benadryl barely helps. Nausea and can make me vomit if I don't get anti-nausea meds in me in time. And I don't sleep the first night. Plus some minor ones; I get shaky, I get a horse voice, my skin itches and the spot I put the patch on has a hive-ish reaction, and I can't get overheated. If i do, then I get too much medicine and vomit.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #13
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have EDS and I suspect my 2year old does as well. Interesting to hear about the nursing complications since I had them with him but didn't really make the connection. Now my newbie is a champion nurser so hopefully that is some indication she may be safe from all this

Anyhow, sorry yo be off topic but I found that interesting/informative

Good luck with whatever you decide for you and baby, I know it's such a tough decision.
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:49 AM   #14
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
I have EDS and I suspect my 2year old does as well. Interesting to hear about the nursing complications since I had them with him but didn't really make the connection. Now my newbie is a champion nurser so hopefully that is some indication she may be safe from all this
I noticed something was off while DD was in the womb. She was just not active at all. And her movements were extremely soft and gentle.

This one though, I would be REALLY surprised if "he" has it. He kicks so strong and moves so much

Which type of EDS do you have (and DC)? DD has EDS-Hypermobility.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #15
Ryder
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have hyper mobility. I've never taken him to see anyone about it since it hasn't really affected him too much. And I'm not ready to add it to his permanent record if you will. My geneticist said boys typically aren't as affected anyhow since they naturally are not as "loose". I worry more about my daughter since I had lots of pregnancy issues b/c of my EDS. Does anyone else in your family have it?
Happily married to "M" and loving life with my toddler "B" 8.17.10. Waiting for #2, my christmas baby!!
Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
We have hyper mobility. I've never taken him to see anyone about it since it hasn't really affected him too much. And I'm not ready to add it to his permanent record if you will. My geneticist said boys typically aren't as affected anyhow since they naturally are not as "loose". I worry more about my daughter since I had lots of pregnancy issues b/c of my EDS. Does anyone else in your family have it?
DH does. But he is the only one I know that has it. From pictures, I think his mom's mom had it but she died in 1953.