Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
growingmichaels
Registered Users

Jumping in!

I'm excited to see a place for foster parents! I have always felt the call to foster, and it seems God has been working in my husband's heart as well. It looks as if after the first of the year we will begin the process to become foster parents through a local prison ministry! I am excited and nervous at the same time. We have three children ages 5, 7 and 9. I think we're all in a great place to do this, but any advise is certainly welcome!

Advertisement

growingmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Be patient! We thought we would have calls as soon as we finished our classes. It took 10 months to get a call. It was worth the wait!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Jumping in!

this is a great group! so many smart mamas. no matter what you think you are prepared for you probably really aren't prepared at all lol! its like being prepared for your first bio baby...you thought you were on top of things until the LO came and then its like... lol! its fun/challenging/sad/awesome and i really like it. i never thought i'd be able to do it but i am ok so far!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Jumping in!

Good luck! We fostered a few years back & just got re-licensed & we are waiting for a placement. We only fostered a few infants, so I don't know that I am one to give advice, but I hope that you find it fulfilling! I cant wait to have a baby to care for again, but grateful that the need isn't so great that I have been needed yet.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote