Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dear Thieves ,

I think it is ridiculous too and very wasteful. Our society needs to move beyond its wasteful days. I wish we didn't really package things at all except if it was something that could hold the toys and actually fit them. I would still buy things without fancy packaging to make it look perfect and fancy. People would still want toys without packaging. I do buy brand names sometimes like imaginext because I know it is a good toy for the imagination with gift cards but the packaging to make things look fancy and sell is ridiculous.

Advertisement

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 12-29-2012 at 06:43 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:50 PM   #22
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Worst (or best?? you decide) toy packaging I've seen is this Dexter the Digger truck. See those boulders that come with it? They are wired down to the packaging. It takes wire cutters to get this out of the package. It was so horrible. Especially since it was the first present my twins opened (and was a joint gift) from their Aunt & Uncle. They could not wait the amount of time it took to get the toys free even with 4 adults working on it. Horrible horrible horrible!
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #23
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyinmichigan View Post
DD loves My Little Pony. I'm completely DONE with the unbelievable amount of packaging just for their hair - teeny tiny pony holders covered in a taped plastic tube with a crazy sewn together double plastic strip taped to the package to keep their manes and tails "perfect" in the box.
We got a My Little Pony remote control car (maybe smaller pony than a purchased separately doll) and the hair was exactly as you described. It took me a long time to get that her hair free. First thing that happened? The pony's hair got wrapped around the wheel of the car and had to be pried free. Now it looks horrible.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #24
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigwick
The last few years I have actually unpackaged (is that word?) everything before I wrapped it, to avoid cranky kids waiting while Mom stabs herself with a pocket knife in an attempt to undo packaging. Makes Christmas morning much more relaxing, I can sip on a coffee and watch them unwrap and instantly enjoy things! (Until they open a gift from someone else that is...)
Exactly! I learned last year with a 2yo that we needed to unpackage everything! Then we set it back in the package. This year, now 3yo DD opened her presents & the boxes, but without the drama.
HugeBabyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote