Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-29-2012, 12:59 PM   #11
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Don't email the company call them! They will make it right, promise!

Advertisement

Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #12
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Christmas toy quit working already

Another check the battery person here, especially if the batteries came with it. We have bought several toys that had batteries, but they were only for display and testing purposes. I had a toy at the store to return it when I read on the box the batteries were only intended for display. Those kind of toys do go through batteries pretty quick.

And most stores will take toys back for even exchange without the box. this time of year the return policies get a little loosey goosey so you might even be able to get a refund, but if your lo likes the toy i would check the batteries first.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
Mrsfroberg
Registered Users

The same thing happened with my daughter's Furby! We ordered it in October from Amazon though, so we are past the return date (which was Dec 1). I'm SO frustrated. It just died. We put in three extra sets of batteries and everything. I wonder if I call if the company will do anything?

Alli: loving wife to my geeky Air Force Computer Engineer , Brandon
Mommy to: Audrey (2.10.07), William (2.16.09), and Eloise (8.10.10)
Maxwell & Charlotte (3.13.2012)

Mrsfroberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #14
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsfroberg
The same thing happened with my daughter's Furby! We ordered it in October from Amazon though, so we are past the return date (which was Dec 1). I'm SO frustrated. It just died. We put in three extra sets of batteries and everything. I wonder if I call if the company will do anything?
This happened with a helicopter I bought my son last Christmas. They wouldn't give me my money back but they did give me a credit on my account so I could buy a new one. Also, call the company that makes the Furbys! They should give you a refund/exchange!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

We got one for DD almost a year ago (luckily it was on clearance for about $4). She is just awful with it but it still works and we haven't changed the batteries once. It really takes a beating! Maybe you just got a bad one, or maybe the batteries are low?
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #16
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is it the one from Walgreens? If so, we got two of them. One didn't work out of the package. So, I went in to exchange it. It was only $5. One is no longer barking, but is walking. Next time they break we're just going to toss them in the trash. No one has really played with them after the first day anyway.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #17
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

Haven't tried the batteries yet. I'll have to find some. I figured if everything else is working and it doesn't sound funny the batteries are good.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #18
mama23boyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsfroberg
The same happened to one of ours. DS2 this morning said he wouldn't wake up. Changed the batteries (even though they were new) and nothing. I bought ours in Oct. as well because I thought it was going to be a sell out toy. We bought it at Walmart so hopefully it won't be a problem. The ink on the receipt is faded and completely unreadable though. If you call the company, let me know what they say.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
1sttimemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our girls have a kitty that is one of the expensive ones. When the batteries are worn down it still meows and purrs just like when the batteries are good... it just doesn't do anything else. Put new batteries in and it's back to doing everything. W/ ours it takes 4 C batteries and if I don't remember to shut it off one night of it being on all day will drain the batteries.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #20
Vivhop98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When we bought one for our dd, the same thing happend. The batteries from the store only lasted a couple of days because they were worn out from people playing with it in the store.