Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #21
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rules with fostering regarding your own childs shots/schooling

We home school and I can see why it might be kind of weird for the foster child that the other kids can stay home while fc has to go to school. It would really depend on how much the child likes school. At the same time we don't foster school age children as of now, so there should be exceptions for those like me. I'm guessing hsing is going to stay fine to do with your bios in our state for now but I wouldn't be surprised if they change it. Lately it seems they keep adding rules making it harder on fps. The 3 parent visits a week was a lot more work then I thought it would be.

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #22
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
Maybe this was just our agency than but it was a part of our medical form. Our agency did mention some things are changing in the near future but they are implementing the new rules so they don't have to worry about it later. I dont have any idea if VAX is part of that but weird that there is a discrepancy .
My licensor checked into it and said there are no new changes about homeschooling and vaxing. So maybe its an agency thing. What agency are you with? The one thing I've learned in fc is a lot of cw and sw don't know the rules themselves even in the same agency. Partly to huge turn over of workers and rules changing a lot, especially on MI.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #23
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
My licensor checked into it and said there are no new changes about homeschooling and vaxing. So maybe its an agency thing. What agency are you with? The one thing I've learned in fc is a lot of cw and sw don't know the rules themselves even in the same agency. Partly to huge turn over of workers and rules changing a lot, especially on MI.
Sorry mama I wasn't speaking to homeschooling in general. I have no idea. To be more clear. My DS is only two and we are not sure what type of schooling we are doing yet and the kids we are taking in are not of school age.

The Vax info was a question on our medical statements.

One thing I know is changing is they are eventually going to start requiring one of the foster parents in the family to be CPR certified. We were told this at PRIDE classes. With this info they said "there will be some various changes coming in the near future and we are trying to implement them now" I already had my CPR so they were happy to see that.

It was a blanket statement at our PRIDE class that rules for foster kids need to be followed for bio kids.

I had no intention of challenging what your agency told you. It is true that SW do not always know the facts 100%. They are human too. I am glad you got the answers you wanted on this.