Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #1
fiveofhearts
Registered Users

age space for sharing room

We are going to be ntnp starting this month. I can't help but think ahead and of we were to get pg soon we'd have a 8 yr ds, 5 dd and 20m dd. We have 3 bedrooms on main floor (dds share and ds has own)and two that are in the basement and not an option for a few years for the kids. Anyways if we were to have another boy would 8 yrs be too big of span to share? If we had a dd wed just put all 3 in together and ds still his own but having a boy I have no idea how we'd do bedrooms (aftet the first few months of rooming in with us).

Advertisement

fiveofhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
bekahlily
Registered Users

Re: age space for sharing room

My girls are spaced like that, sharing a room, and it works out alright for now. We are a family of six in a three bedroom home. DS (10) has his own room, and all three girls (twin 8-yos & the 11-mo) share the larger of their two bedrooms. We had to get creative with storage space, and the twins have bunk beds, but it works. We don't plan to keep them all in the same room for long, and are trying to plan/save for adding a fourth bedroom, but I figure we probably have a few years before the age difference becomes too much of an issue.

~Rebekah, SAHMama to 3 bigs and a little
bekahlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would put the 2 boys together and let the 8yo know that it was not permanent. We did this with my sons that are spaced 7yrs apart. Now that my son is 11 he was moved up onto the 3rd floor which has 2 bedrooms. My only concern would be if the younger one was always waking the older one up. My parents did this with me and my younger sister and they had to move her b/c I could not get back to sleep once she woke me up.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
jesajane
Registered Users

My Mood:

My sister had boys spaced out like that and they shared a room for about 5 years. They just bought a bigger house this past spring. I have 4 kids all sharing a room right now. My son is 8, then three daughters 6, 1 and 1. We won't be able to do it much longer but we hope it'll last til we can get a bigger place in a year or 2. Kids don't care. I think we parents have bigger hang up than kids do.
jesajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesajane View Post
I think we parents have bigger hang up than kids do.
^This.^
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My three oldest sleep in the same room because that's how they want it! They are so close and being in the same room is a main reason. Although, C2 and C3 go to be way earlier than our 16 y/o. If she is not home, they Always ask if she is coming back soon. The laughter and conversations shared over the years has been amazing. My two DD's are so very close despite a 6.5 yr difference. I love hearing her tell stories to her younger sibs! She's also really close to our 3 y/o son even though he sleeps in our room because when he was born she took a 7-midnight shift caring for him when I slept. They are very bonded!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
lilac0226
Registered Users

We had our 3 littlest boys sharing a room (6 and twins that are 4) and with bunk beds there was space but the twins were keeping my 6 year old awake so he was tired for school. We talked to my 14 year old stepson who lives with us half time if he would be okay with sharing a room with the 6 year old and so far it is working out really well. Your age gap will be a little different, but since they both have to get up for school, and it allowed my 6 year old to have his little legos and things that his twin brothers would get in to. My husband and I had never even thought of having the two of them share a room, but for bedtime it ends up making the most sense. My twins are little chatter boxes, I'm not sure what I will do with them next year when they have school.
lilac0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #8
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
My boys share a room and they hate it. I hate it. But this is the house we found when we were relocated. They did not share a room before here.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:20 PM   #9
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 8 year old and 2 year old will be "moving in" together at the end of the month. So far, the 8 year old is excited beyond words.

I hope they get some sleep. My biggest fear is that this will be the 2 year olds first experience out of a crib. Should be fun
Old 01-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

My mom & sis were 5 yrs Apart & shared til one moved out.

We will have kids sharin but thinkin little ones. Eventually girls even though 6 yrs apart. We will see. All our rooms are upstairs.....

My hubby was 1 of 4 kids & boys shared & tgirls shared in 3 bedroom house.