Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #61
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH
I cannot believe this week makes 25 weeks!! Where has the time gone?! I can't wait to meet this little squishy newborn. I find myself holding out just a little bit of hope that the blood test was wrong (yeah, right) and we will have to scramble to put together little girl things after she shows up.... Wishful thinking much?? Haha.
I think my DH is feeling the same. He finally got the ultrasound pic I sent him in the mail and keeps asking how sure the tech was that its a boy... wishful thinking? It definitely isnt as clear as with DS, but now he's got me wondering, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

I keep hoping my US was wrong and it'll be a boy after all

I think it depends on the person. DH didn't even want to cut the cord, he was scared of hurting her. He did get to hold her first while I was getting stitched up from my tear. It was very emotional for him. With DD1 and her twin we lost, nobody told him he wasn't coming in for the C/S because they didn't decide on general anesthesia til the last minute. Then they whisked DD1 to the NICU. They had to do CPR until they could get her intubated, she almost died. When they asked him if he wanted to see the baby before I woke up, they didn't tell him WHICH baby, and took him in to see our stillborn girl. It was really rough for him, so being able to be there and know exactly what was going on and hold his live baby right away for DD2 was very emotional for him. He cried. He NEVER cries.
I teared up reading that. I can only imagine how painful and confusing that was for him (and you, too, of course).

Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #62
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy New Year chat ~ Dec 30th - Jan 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
I keep hoping my US was wrong and it'll be a boy after all

I think it depends on the person. DH didn't even want to cut the cord, he was scared of hurting her. He did get to hold her first while I was getting stitched up from my tear. It was very emotional for him. With DD1 and her twin we lost, nobody told him he wasn't coming in for the C/S because they didn't decide on general anesthesia til the last minute. Then they whisked DD1 to the NICU. They had to do CPR until they could get her intubated, she almost died. When they asked him if he wanted to see the baby before I woke up, they didn't tell him WHICH baby, and took him in to see our stillborn girl. It was really rough for him, so being able to be there and know exactly what was going on and hold his live baby right away for DD2 was very emotional for him. He cried. He NEVER cries.
I cannot imagine.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #63
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
I assumed you guys were working it that everyone would be there, but DH would just be with DD in a different area/room - like at a hospital there would be a waiting room area (ours has big a living room set up for families) - that way they'd be there right away to come in for/after the birth.
ideally, yes. But that was my big question for him 'what's he gonna do? DD doesn't just 'fall asleep' unless she's in her bed. She's not a very flexible child. The hospital is awesome. They have laboring gardens and a children's play place in a garden in the maternity ward section. but my last labor was very long.. over a day... I don't know how a 2yo will deal with that.

Quote:
I think it depends on the person. DH didn't even want to cut the cord, he was scared of hurting her.
My DH is like this too. He doesn't want to cut the cord, etc. but he's putty with his babies. I don't think he wanted to give her to me
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #64
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
It was really rough for him, so being able to be there and know exactly what was going on and hold his live baby right away for DD2 was very emotional for him. He cried. He NEVER cries.
I can imagine. I think Hiccup's birth is going to be a very different experience for us - no matter how it plays out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
My DH is like this too. He doesn't want to cut the cord, etc. but he's putty with his babies. I don't think he wanted to give her to me
My DH was like that with our first - he held her for the first near hour. It actually played a part in my severe PPD, we think, so he definitely makes sure I'm the first one to hold the babies now.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 PM   #65
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post

I can imagine. I think Hiccup's birth is going to be a very different experience for us - no matter how it plays out.
Most likely. It was surreal for me (once I got the epidural anyway). I realized after DD2 was out and in DHs arms that Id been carrying a LOT of unnoticed tension and stress that I didn't feel until it "released " at the sight of my healthy baby girl. I'm curious to see how I feel this time... I'm beginning to genuinely get terrified at the idea I might get any c/s despite the fact it's wwwaaaayyyy to soon to tell.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #66
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
My DH was like that with our first - he held her for the first near hour. It actually played a part in my severe PPD, we think, so he definitely makes sure I'm the first one to hold the babies now.
Yeah... With my csection, DH got her first and got to do all the first stuff - bath, diapers, etc.

They are SO bonded. And I struggled with a bit of ppd myself.

This hospital, if I end up with another csection, I will insist baby be given to me while they're stitching me up.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #67
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mommas I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I know it does not help but I am just sorry.

DH held ds1 and ds2 first I was excited for him. I actually liked that. I felt like I was holding them all that time it was dhs turn. But I held dd first (VBA2C) and it was GREAT!

DH is nt a feel the baby move in the belly kind of guy. The more pregnancies I have the more he talks to the baby in utero, but once they come out forget it. He is completely hands on and gets better with each baby and gets better as they get older. As for DD well she has daddy wrapped around her finger the moment she came out! She heard his vioce and I never seen a nnewborn move thier head like that--in his direction to stare at him. It was all over!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #68
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not sure I had ppd after 1st but I just did not feel like me. Not sure if that makes sense. I do think my labor and delivery with ds1 had something to do with it and I had such resentment and guilt about his birth. Once I had ds2 all the went away.

I got induced with ds1--no reason really just uneduacated. Well it turned into a c/s. With ds2 he had low amniotic fluid and I did not want to chance anything so I went for another c/s. Well when he was born he had knots in his cord that never showed up in u/s bc they were new and loose but if I did labor they would have gotten tighter and I would have been rushed to c/s. I feel like ds1 was looking after ds2 before they were even here. Silly I know but I would have never elected for c/s otherwise. With dd everything was going smoothly, I did alot of reserach found a GREAT doctor in the area we moved to and everything was awesome.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #69
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma

I got induced with ds1--no reason really just uneduacated. Well it turned into a c/s. With ds2 he had low amniotic fluid and I did not want to chance anything so I went for another c/s. Well when he was born he had knots in his cord that never showed up in u/s bc they were new and loose but if I did labor they would have gotten tighter and I would have been rushed to c/s. I feel like ds1 was looking after ds2 before they were even here. Silly I know but I would have never elected for c/s otherwise. With dd everything was going smoothly, I did alot of reserach found a GREAT doctor in the area we moved to and everything was awesome.
Thats a great outlook!

I had ppd after DS but it had little to do with my birth. I should have seen it coming before DS was even born. It was bad. At least this time I (and my family amd friends) no what to look for in me.

Just got back from a movie night with my two very good friends here in AL. I will miss them and their kids a lot. One will still be around when I get back, but the other will be gone. Oh the military life...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #70
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I held DD1 first when she was 5 days old (once they took her breathing tube out), and she's a HUGE Daddy's girl. He held DD2 first and she wouldn't even go to him if I was there til she was almost a year old!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote