Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #11
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Re: I think I need a little support/ encouragement here????

You can do it! Give yourself a couple of weeks of expected "OMG, what have I done?". It will get better and you will soon be a pro! When my FD and I were coming home for the first time, I was thinking "uh oh! I thought I was ready and I'm really not!". It was an adjustment, but now I quite love it! If our FD baby goes home, I will feel lost, like I am always forgetting something. You learn to handle what's on your plate. Including our FD, we have 4 kids, and FD and our youngest (DS) are only 8 months apart.
Good luck and keep us posted when your littles arrive

Advertisement

Last edited by NSB; 01-04-2013 at 10:53 PM.
NSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #12
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking8186 View Post
Hey mama! Congrats on the new little ones. As far as caring for all of them, those are pretty good ages!! You'll get through it just fine!! I'm sure your little one will enjoy having playmates too. When it comes to carseats my suggestion is to go out and purchase 3 Cosco seats. 2 sceneras and their high back harnessed booster. They're only around $40 each and they are extremely narrow. They're about the same as a radian/Diono I think. I have a bunch of seats and the radians and sceneras are my favorites when it comes to squeezing kiddos in. It's a lot easier to fit seats into a little car when you can sort of "stagger" them rfing and ffing. Post back here or pm me if you need any help!
i agree with this! these costco seats are narrow! you do have several options like sunnymommy mentioned you can put a RFer FF in some circumstances.

you will have an adjustment period but it will be ok! i am having so much fun having another LO in the house. seriously! it sounds stupid but every fun thing about one kid is even MORE FUN with each additional kiddo! it will feel hectic and chaotic for a while i'm sure but you will find your rhythm and it will feel like second nature. during the hard times just remember what an amazing difference you are making in these kiddos' lives! even if everything else seems crazy just step back and look at the big picture...you can always scrape the peanut butter off the walls but they will remember you forever as the people who gave them a safe place when EVERYTHING in the world was scary. thats the hope anyway. if all else fails i remember the amazing moms who have 6+ kids and hold it all together and i think to myself, if they can do it i can do 2. anyway, i'll be damned if 2 little kids get the best of me!!!

you can do it mama!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 06:06 PM   #13
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Re: I think I need a little support/ encouragement here????

You can do it. We had the 3 parent visits a week and I had to lug 7 kids with me, my 5 and the two twins. It wasn't easy, but we managed. I think the one thing I will do differently in my next placement is to try to get them to schedule at least one of the visits at a time that would be better for me. In our case, the parents were only available during the morning which wasn't good for us as we homeschool during the day. I just am not good at saying, "I can't do that."

Im not sure about the car issue. We have the Diono car seats that are thinner in a 12 passenger van that we decided to buy when we became foster parents.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #14
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Thank you so much ladies. DH offered to let me keep the truck on the three days I have to take the kids downtown. This means I can just get another Britax which I much prefer. Your encouragement has helped a lot. I go from thinking OK I can do this it will be okay to What was I thinking. I am just going to go with the flow and make the best of it
Old 01-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: *UPDATE* I think I need a little support/ encouragement here????

UPDATE in OP
Old 01-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #16
fostermommyJ
Registered Users

What's OP?
fostermommyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #17
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermommyJ View Post
What's OP?
Original Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
fostermommyJ
Registered Users

We have 3 boys in the same room and we have gone through phases in which they want to play and talk instead of sleep. For a while, we had one or two of them fall asleep on a pallet in the living room floor. Then we moved him to his own bed after the others were asleep. That works for nighttime, but maybe not for nap. Naps are hard.Could you have the 20 month old sleep in a Pack n play in your room for naps?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #19
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fostermommyJ View Post
We have 3 boys in the same room and we have gone through phases in which they want to play and talk instead of sleep. For a while, we had one or two of them fall asleep on a pallet in the living room floor. Then we moved him to his own bed after the others were asleep. That works for nighttime, but maybe not for nap. Naps are hard.Could you have the 20 month old sleep in a Pack n play in your room for naps?
Kids can't sleep in Pack-n-Plays here on a regular basis. I am not exactly sure what constitutes a regular basis. Our SW said well it is okay if we are on vacation or something. In addition to that DS is in our room and I really don't want to keep him up. He is a good napper.

This may be something we just have to suffer through. I am really going to miss naps!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #20
fostermommyJ
Registered Users

Maybe the 4 yr old could nap on the couch or on a pallet in the floor for naps. I don't think it matters where they nap, at least not in NC. They just have to slerp in a bed at night. After all, daycares use mats on the floor for naps...