Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: eczema back...

Aveno makes a eczema cream, in a tube, in the baby aisle or in the adult aisle, both are the same. Also a brand called Sarna makes a lotion for itchy eczema, we have used both on the kids. You can send them to school with her but she prob needs a note and has to be kept at tne nurse office cause they have active ingrediants.

Advertisement

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #12
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I sent her to school with the regular lotion I had. It's the pink baby lotion and it even has to go in to the nurses room and the nurse helps her put it on. So I figure everything has to go there. My @9 year old doesn't even take her inhaler to school because she doesn't have a note but I live close enough I can get there in time.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #13
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by suthrnmomto3 View Post
I sent her to school with the regular lotion I had. It's the pink baby lotion and it even has to go in to the nurses room and the nurse helps her put it on. So I figure everything has to go there. My @9 year old doesn't even take her inhaler to school because she doesn't have a note but I live close enough I can get there in time.
Our schools make everything go to the nurse too...even for my oldest, wo is 13, I have to have a Dr. note if I want to leave motrin there for her to use longer than 2 weeks. Even chapstick hasto be at the nurse (supposedly)...I just wasn't sure how strict other schools were.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Was she vaxed recently?

Eczema is a symptom it's telling you something. Avoid cortisone in any form as much as possible. It is absorbed through the skin and destroys the body.

Is your LO allergic to shellfish? If not, I recommend Krill oil, every day. If she is, Salmon oil...by mouth. You could also get those gummi fish if she can't swallow pills, but I don't do corn syrup.

MegaFood.com: Kid's N' Megaflora

Beeyoutiful.com: Miracle Salve. I make my own, though.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #15
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elioraimmanuel
Was she vaxed recently?

Eczema is a symptom it's telling you something. Avoid cortisone in any form as much as possible. It is absorbed through the skin and destroys the body.

Is your LO allergic to shellfish? If not, I recommend Krill oil, every day. If she is, Salmon oil...by mouth. You could also get those gummi fish if she can't swallow pills, but I don't do corn syrup.

MegaFood.com: Kid's N' Megaflora

Beeyoutiful.com: Miracle Salve. I make my own, though.
No last vax was at 5 she's 7 she eats catfish and crawfish so no allergies

Last edited by suthrnmomto3; 01-08-2013 at 08:07 PM.
suthrnmomto3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #16
lovebabybela
Registered Users

Coconut oil (topically) and also eating it works great. My two oldest have been through the worst of the worst with eczema and coconut oil applied several times a day really helped them. They also take kids fish oil and probiotics. Did she use a new soap or shampoo recently?
lovebabybela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #17
Mheagan
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Any possibility that she could have allergies? DS had TERRIBLE eczema on his face (we are still dealing with it), but it turns out he is alergic reaction to peanuts, Milk and eggs
Mheagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #18
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebabybela View Post
Coconut oil (topically) and also eating it works great. My two oldest have been through the worst of the worst with eczema and coconut oil applied several times a day really helped them. They also take kids fish oil and probiotics. Did she use a new soap or shampoo recently?
Nothing new...I'm hoping something will work. Someone stole her lotion today so she was crying when she got hone...
Old 01-08-2013, 08:06 PM   #19
suthrnmomto3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mheagan View Post
Any possibility that she could have allergies? DS had TERRIBLE eczema on his face (we are still dealing with it), but it turns out he is alergic reaction to peanuts, Milk and eggs
As far as we know she isn't allergic to anything...is there a way to get that checked?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #20
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
CeraVe is much better then cetaphil. My deem recommended it to me for face wash because it has hylauronic acid (does NOT burn) & helps seal moisture in. When I was at my wits end with DS2s (undiagnosed) food-allergy induced excema I had tried everything! Aquaphor, coconut oil, exederm, natural stuff but the CeraVe cream in the tub is what we use now & have affectionately nicknamed "the Miracle cream". It even got rid of the dandruff on my scalp!
Eta: ds1 ears dairy & gets a few red dots here & there on his face. I'm sure he's allergic though his reactions aren't big at this time. You can have allergy testing done, ask them to test for the top allergens first.
E-2.1.14

Last edited by mrseum; 01-08-2013 at 09:41 PM.
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote