Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What do you ladies wear in the tub while birthing?

Last time I wore a black tie halter bathing suit top. I took it off when the end was near because I didn't want to pull baby up onto something so cold and wet. Will probably do the same this time. If I get out of the water and don't want to be nude then I'll put on a black sports bra.

*Megan*SAHM to S 9/06 D 11/07 S 2/10 and M 2/13
peaches330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What do you ladies wear in the tub while birthing?

For my 1st I wore a black stretchy tank top (by hanes or something, it was a good material for drying quickly) in the tub. But then I got out and that went away and then I got back in the tub and was naked the second time. I don't really remember the progression of clothes, but I went through whatever I was wearing, my black tank top set that I'd planned on birthing in and labored a bunch in my husband's shirt we'd brought for him to change into. I saved my clothes for driving home afterward and my husband just had to stay in the same outfit he'd been wearing for two days (I had my first at a birthing center and it was a long one). My second one, I never actually made it in the tub, it was super fast, but I did shower and I just did that naked and delivered naked. So delivered both babies naked. I'm really hoping to get my first actual water birth this time around and I suspect I'll be naked again. Though this time my midwife is a guy...not sure how that'll change things in terms of comfort. I suspect I won't care at all in the actual moment.
Stay at home , BFing, baby-wearing, cloth diapering mommy to my 10/2007 son and my August 23rd, 2009 little man and our March 8, 2013 sweet girl My blog...
momomommy is offline   Reply With Quote