Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #11
senorajkids
Registered
seller
seller

Re: Single mom of 4, anyone else?

I am a single mom of four. My kids are 12, 9, 6 and 18 months. It's hard, but I feel like a was a single mom when I was married. Not much change for us except don't have the paycheck coming every week.

I am a full time student so I don't work. Times are tough financially around here, but we are much happier now than when he was here.

Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 12:53 PM   #12
necomama
Registered Users

I admire all you single mothers. As a child of a single mother of 4 it was rough. Luckily for us my aunt lived nearby and was a big support for us. Mom never dated or remarried and she says it was the best decision she ever made. It really must be so tough, I don't think I could do it myself. My hearts go out to you and your kids. They may not understand the sacrifices until they are older but it does get easier. You are all so strong.
necomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #13
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

I'm a single mom of three. I feel more like a single mom of my youngest since her died dad and if something happened to me she'd be all alone It's definately difficult at times. I've had to learn to ask for help. I am extremely fortunate to have some good friends and church family. I'm also fortunate that my oldest is old enough to babysit which eliminates the issue of having to bring all the kids everywhere. Also my two oldest are old enough to do a lot of the chores, helping with my youngest, etc. We've really had to pull it together as a family.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:17 AM   #14
Belle&Wyatt'sMom
Registered Users

Single mom of 2- a 2-year-old son and 6-week-old daughter. Separated from their father in Feb, and he promptly knocked up the first girl he met in a bar. Our little girls will be about 8 weeks apart in age. I can't imagine doing this with twice as many! U haven't even returned tO work yet and feel overwhelmed so much of the time! But everything he has done since our separation confirms that I made the right decision for my babies and myself. I wouldn't change anything!
Belle&Wyatt'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #15
stewartjess
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am a single mom of 4, but I am in a relationship with an amazing man who is extremely supportive and we have just moved in together and blended our families. BUT - for 2 years, I was on my own with my 4. My ex-husband and I split when our children were 6mo, 3yrs, 5yrs, 7yrs. (We had actually been separated for a year during our third child's infancy, so I have always been alone with an infant and toddlers. lol) My ex-husband does not have parental rights to our children so I have not had any support from him or from his family. It was a really difficult two years, and I look back and wonder when I ever slept - I had gone back to college and finished right before my ex and I split 3 years ago. I worked a ton of overtime. It has all paid off and I have now purchased my first home - on my own, with no child support. It has been quite a journey. Feel free to PM me whenever you need encouragement!!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #16
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am a single mom of 2 boys 6 and 3. I am also 20 weeks pregnant with another boy. I was married for 3 years but the majority of it he either wasn't around or had kicked us out. A year an a half after it's final (almost 3 years after he filed) he is still trying to make my life suck....He has tried everything CPS...trying to get my friends in trouble (he's a dirty cop)...taking me to court repeatedly....I just wish he would move on and find a new hobby. Being a single mom is a LOT of work but he never helped in any fashion, so really it is less work not having to take care of him too. I do wish I was married and could have a partner so I could just work part time though instead of being away from my boys so much.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #17
whitney310222
Registered Users

I was / am a single mom of 5, pg with my 6th. I divorce d after 11 yrs and 4 kids, loved being a single mom. Started seeing my boyfriend and we are having our second in april. He lives with us and is a good guy, but I dont want the settled down, happy family deal, id rather be free!
whitney310222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #18
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

I am a single mom of only 1, and that is very difficult at times. I admire you mamas with more than one child so much. It's hard, but like many of you, I am happier in many ways
Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #19
gina1921
Registered Users

Was single mom to DD1 for 13 years. Had ups and downs for sure, but really learned how to enjoy being single. I love single moms! Thanks for all you do. I wish there was more I could do to help. Maybe one day I can start a charity that helps with childcare. We all need more support!

I'm married now with DD2 18mo and two stepchildren. I'm so glad I used my single time to learn to love myself, treat myself, because for most of us our single time is temporary and can be precious. I learned to love a hot bath and comfy pjs and bed all to myself. Movie night w kids, pillows and blankets on the living room floor. Cooking what I want. Raising the kids how I want. Those are the pluses. Love yourself through the negatives too, and accept help when ever you can. Big hugs!

Last edited by gina1921; 01-20-2013 at 09:50 AM.
gina1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #20
gina1921
Registered Users

BTW, through those 13 years many other married moms would meet me and say "how do you do it" but after knowing me for a while would be a little envious of my freedom. It's not easy on either side of the fence, and if you take your single time to develop your interests and love yourself, you will be a better spouse for it if that happens one day. My DH is away from home a lot for work, and I wouldn't have done well in this role without all that time by myself. I also have wonderful memories (and some not) of being a single mom, but I did it and I'm proud of that.

I always wondered why the term "single" mom. Shouldn't we call the rest "plural" parents?" Hehehee
gina1921 is offline   Reply With Quote