Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #1
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help Mamas!!!

I am nursing our 7th right now! And so I have years of experience. But he is 19 months old now, and killing me!! He does not eat much food b/c he has texture issues. So nursing has been such a blessing. I have other children that ended up with a feeding tube because of Failure to Thrive. Anyway, he is nursing every couple of hours, and most of the night. He is a healthy weight, and thriving.

But here is my issue, besides the fact that I have been glued to the couch for 19 months, I am in sooooo much pain. It all started in April 2012. My nipples were red and painful, sometimes with little cracks, and they burned. When he would latch on I felt like I could pass out. And then I would have ramdom pain even when he wasn't nursing. I finally ended up taking a total of 10 diflucan, and then I got strep throat, which took 2 separate rounds of antibiotics to clear up. So then, I was covered in yeast. So I took an additional 14 days of diflucan. And for a couple of months I felt fine. But unfortunately, the symptoms returned. But this time with deep pain, and very sensitive to touch, aches, flu like symptoms. So eventually I was treated for mastitis 3 times!!!!!! And I am still struggling!!!!! I have spoken with the LLL. And am currently following the candidas protocal, plus taking garlic for possible infection. But I am just at a loss!! And am soooo ready to throw in the towel!!

I know this was a ton of info! The only thing I have read about that I haven't done is have my doc test my milk to see if a certain bug is identified, so we know what we are treating. But my doc wants me to have a mamogram!!!!!! I still think this is a breastfeeding issue though!

Advertisement

Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 AM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
That sounds rough

Have you tried probiotics? Not sure what all the candida program uses.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:44 PM   #3
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help Mamas!!!

Yes I have! But thanks for replying!!
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I has thrush for the first 6 weeks, treated it with so many different things. The only thing that worked was gentian violet. It is a mess but helped with the first couple of uses. I hope you get some relief mama, that is the worst pain out there.
themrshunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #5
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you! I haven't used that in years because of the mess! But after 9 months of this, I think it is worth a try!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
FarmingMama
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry I hope you find relief soon!! And you defiantly get an A+ for trying!
FarmingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh that sounds like terrible misery. My heart goes out to you and WOW you are one tough mama to keep nursing. I am curious if or how your LO was treated for yeast? I wonder if you keep getting it from him? We have a friend and her son has a digestive disorder and he has scopes regularly and often has yeast in his digestive tract but it is not always visable in his mouth.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh wow!!! I haven't thought of that! We haven't really treated him for it b/c he doesn't show any symptoms at all! But I have to say that we all have tummy issues, to the extent that we have kids with feeding tubes. So it wouldn't surprise me for some of us to have yeast in our digestive tracts. Unfortunately our pediatrician thinks I am weird for nursing when he is 19 months old. I wonder if my midwife would treat him, hmmmm.