Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Registered Users
SAHPs: How much do you play with your kids?

How much do you actually *do* with your kids every day? Like playing games, make-believe/dress-up, playing with toys, reading, art projects/crafts, etc? I've been a stay-at-home mom for 6 years, but lately I am just sooo bored and overwhelmed by being home with my kids. They don't involve me as much as they used to in their play so I mostly just have to sit around while they play, but if I don't sit with them they fight nonstop (they do anyway, but at least if I'm near them I can referee before it escalates out of control...). I get bored and try to leave to clean up or read a book or something but then all hell breaks loose! When they were younger, it was busier and more fun. We played and giggled together, changed diapers, napped a lot, etc. Now their playtime is so much more elaborate/complicated and they don't usually involve me. It is just so boring for me! I don't know what is normal - should I be spending all day playing with them and reading to them? Or involving them in something I'm doing? Basically I wonder, what does your day look like if you are a stay-at-home parent?

(P.S. I know we could stand to get out more. We don't go out and do much because of my son's emotional/behavioral issues. It is too exhausting for me.)
mommy to one hilarious preschooler boy (09.06)
and one cuddly toddler girl (05.09)!

i'm a bloggin' mama! Your Fire, Your Soul
catilina is offline   Reply With Quote