Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #11
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Phil & Ted strollers- do you have one?

yes, and I have the double seat and it was worth every.single.penny

I will never own another stroller, except to replace this one if it ever dies, and I may hold onto it until I have grandkids.

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #12
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

we have a dash, with doubles kit, LOVE it
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410
so with the second seat, up to about what age child can go along with the baby? would it work with a 2 year old and newborn? a 4 year old and newborn?
Smallest child sits in the back double seat. Bigger child in front. My 7 yr old has sat in the front seat when exhausted before, but that was at Disneyland. Right now, I use it for a 5 yr old in front and a 2 yr old in back.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #14
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

would it be safe for a newborn or 3 month old to be down in the bottom seat?
can a 2 year old go in the bottom seat? sorry, it's just hard to tell from the website...
Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #15
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had one and I really liked it. It folded really well and was user friendly. The jump seat was nice for babies but toddlers can't see anything and just want to get out. Also if the child in the front gets out to get a drink, go potty etc the stroller will tip back if there is another child in the jump seat. For this baby I got a bugaboo frog and am gonna try the wheelie board for my 3 year old. I have a schwinn double for jogging. It's tooooooo big to take anywhere.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #16
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph410
would it be safe for a newborn or 3 month old to be down in the bottom seat?
can a 2 year old go in the bottom seat? sorry, it's just hard to tell from the website...
Yes. I used a snuzzler infant head support from 3 months on in the backseat. A two year can go in the bottom seat as long as the heavier child is in the front.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #17
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicanashville View Post
The jump seat was nice for babies but toddlers can't see anything and just want to get out.
I have never experienced this with any of the 4 children I have put in the bottom seat.

The bottom seat holds to 35lbs on my e3, I cannot speak to what weights work on the newer models. I follow the P and T recommendations for my model and do not place my child in the bottom seat until over 8 months of age. On mine, it doesn't recline and there is no spine or head support. I cannot imagine a tiny riding there?? So I put the older sibling on the bottom while the baby rides up front in their infant seat, or I put the extra seat on the front toddler upper mount positions and lay the main seat down for the baby. Over 5-6 months, I let my baby ride in the main seat and the toddler rides down lower. Then over 8 months, the baby rides on the bottom and the older child up front. I love the versatility and found it to work very well no matter what age combination of children I have put in it. P and T used to have an excellent video on their website of all the various seating combinations. Don't know if they still do.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #18
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks so much.
I might even just end up using the stroller as a single. I still really like the way they look and the tires, etc.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #19
momgoddesswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's my LIFE SAVER.

We have had ours for 7 years and I can't imagine living without it. Honestly it's held up INCREDIBLY well for being in basic constant use. When our middle child was born we didn't have an infant car seat instead we bought the cocoon and used that to take him in and out of the stroller and car. It was winter. He even slept in the cocoon in the playyard and crib.

We have never had a problem with toddlers not wanting to use the jump seat infact our 2 older kids would fight over it. They are only 15 months apart.

We have had the Graco with our first, HATED IT, then decided to just splurge and get the E3 when we were expecting #2.

Since #3 was born at 26 weeks we thought we needed a different stroller since he was so small so we bought the Hauck Malibu. We used the bassinet and stand for the first 2 months when he finally came home at 4 months old, but I honestly don't like the stroller as much. It's our car stroller right now, stays in the van for our emergency needs, otherwise I use the phil & teds as a single. It's AMAZING and I'm so glad we kept it.

It's so easy to take apart, folds up easily, super easy to clean, incredible to push. I LOVE having the real tires and we have only recently had to get new tubes for it for the first time in 7 years.

HIGHLY recommend it.

"It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.~John Wooden"
ISO: WCW cuffed longies or bloomers size Small
momgoddesswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
NSB
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMQEMCABOOSE View Post
... I put the extra seat on the front toddler upper mount positions and lay the main seat down for the baby.
^^^ this

I have had every stroller under the sun in the last 12 years. I currently have my DS (2) and a Foster baby (18 months, but the size of a 9 month old). I got the Phil & Ted's off craigslist when we first got the foster baby 9 months ago.

I LOVE IT!!! The doubles kit is brilliant. So compact and easy. The stroller itself is sturdy and super easy to fold up. I love that if I only have one baby with me, I have an awesome single stroller Seriously, buy this stroller. You won't have a moments regret.