Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

Underwoolies v soakers

New to Sbish/Sloomb and I'm wondering what the differences are between soakers & underwoolies? Weight? Fit? General thoughts on the two? Thanks!

Advertisement

One Acre Wonder Farm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Underwoolies v soakers

i think they are both double knit, the underwoolies offer less coverage from what i hear, probably at the legs it looks like the covers have cuffs, but the rise is fairly high. i have some underwoolies we use over trainers and fitteds, i like them, never tried the covers. im not used to wool really so i think it is heavy but idk.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamarisa
i think they are both double knit, the underwoolies offer less coverage from what i hear, probably at the legs it looks like the covers have cuffs, but the rise is fairly high. i have some underwoolies we use over trainers and fitteds, i like them, never tried the covers. im not used to wool really so i think it is heavy but idk.
So underwoolies will work over fitteds? This is good news. Thanks!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Underwoolies will actually fit under clothing and are 100% wool with an elastic waistband. The knit covers are 93% wool/7% spandex which some very sensitive kids cannot tolerate, they also take a very, very long time to dry. The underwoolies are great for day (we used them on my heavy wetter now 3yo when he was little and they never leaked even in a carseat) but not good for night unless you have a super absorbant fitted and a lighter wetter. The knits are great for night but likely will not fit under clothes during the day.

I ended up getting underwoolies for our daytime woolies and a Kissaluvs wool soaker (similar to SBish knits, totally bulletproof but not quite as thick) for nights. I didn't want to end up waiting days on end for the SBish knit soakers to dry out since we live in a damp climate. Also my son has extremely sensitive skin so I think 100% wool is better. HTH.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

DP!
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
One Acre Wonder Farm
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow
Underwoolies will actually fit under clothing and are 100% wool with an elastic waistband. The knit covers are 93% wool/7% spandex which some very sensitive kids cannot tolerate, they also take a very, very long time to dry. The underwoolies are great for day (we used them on my heavy wetter now 3yo when he was little and they never leaked even in a carseat) but not good for night unless you have a super absorbant fitted and a lighter wetter. The knits are great for night but likely will not fit under clothes during the day.

I ended up getting underwoolies for our daytime woolies and a Kissaluvs wool soaker (similar to SBish knits, totally bulletproof but not quite as thick) for nights. I didn't want to end up waiting days on end for the SBish knit soakers to dry out since we live in a damp climate. Also my son has extremely sensitive skin so I think 100% wool is better. HTH.
This is great info; thank you!!