Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
guntersvillebride
Registered Users
seller

Is there such a thing?

I am looking for something like flex panels for front snapping diapers. I have mostly front snapping diapers with two rows of snaps and I would love some kind of generic flex panels that would fit between the male and female ends of the snaps. Something that would give enough stretch to allow them to be pulled on and off when potty training. Does anyone know if something like this exists or if there is someone who could make me some? I have primarily BG/Flip and Blueberry (if these don't have the same distance between snaps, I would settle for something just for BG/Flip).

Advertisement

guntersvillebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

It's a good idea, you'd need someone who knows what brand of snaps are compatible with bg and blueberry.

Or ask around and see if the Flip trainer side panels match a BG Diaper?
Old 01-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
guntersvillebride
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is there such a thing?

I'm pretty sure the ones for the Flip trainers wouldn't work because the Flip trainers have three snaps instead of two. I feel like it wouldn't be too hard...you would just need some stretchy material and a snap press. I just don't have a snap press.
guntersvillebride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I'd be happy to give it a try... I just need to test my KAM snaps on a Flip, to be sure they are compatible. I think I have exactly the right fabric for it. How about you PM me with more info?
Old 01-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #5
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I'm such a dork, Saturdays I don't work so when I replied earlier I ignored the pile of Flips and the pile of snap in inserts I made... Could have tried it hours ago...

Yep KAM snaps work with BG snaps. It's not quite as tight but still takes a hard tug to undo them.

I'd be happy to sew you some to try. I'm launching a nonprofit diaper company this month, selling diapers to raise money to give diapers to people in need and to raise cloth awareness... and who knows... If it works I could sell them (with credit where credit is due).
Old 01-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

As I emailed the OP ... I tried making them a few different ways and attaching them a few different ways, and I haven't found a way to make it work. It's mostly because the diapers have wings, where trainers with snap side panels don't. The wings drag all over the place whether LO or an adult pulls them up. The different parts of the diaper get mis-aligned, so it doesn't end up fitting in a way that prevents leaks at all.

Such a great idea, I'll keep fiddling with it, but so far I think this is why trainers tend to have a very rectangular PUL section, not the hourglass shape of a diaper.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #7
parterasd
Registered Users

I've tried to do this with snaps and a peice of elastic. I really want pull on diapers for ec. Haven't perfected it yet though. Good luck, it sounds like you have good fabric for it.
parterasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #8
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What about shirring some interlock or jersey (or some other type of like fabric) and making a panel (kind of like Grovia's trainer?

Sent via iPhone using DS Forum (yes, I'm that addicted)

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
qhorses8
Registered Users
seller
seller

One way would be a panal with lots of snaps. On one side the snaps will face one direction, then the other. This side will go on the front. The in facing snaps will be to snap to the diapers wings, the out facing to the actual closure part. The last few row may just be out facing so that big babies that wouldn't fit into the diaper around wise have that extra room making the diaper acutally bigger than it is. It these panal are strechy it would provide some ease of pull-up/down. I just wonder if it would be enough.

The other would be to some how pin in the wings and then just use side panal. Maybe a 3rd small panal that had 4 snaps to keep the wings in the inside front of the diaper and maybe cover up the in facing snaps.

If either of those make sense it still seems easier said than done.
qhorses8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII
As I emailed the OP ... I tried making them a few different ways and attaching them a few different ways, and I haven't found a way to make it work. It's mostly because the diapers have wings, where trainers with snap side panels don't. The wings drag all over the place whether LO or an adult pulls them up. The different parts of the diaper get mis-aligned, so it doesn't end up fitting in a way that prevents leaks at all.

Such a great idea, I'll keep fiddling with it, but so far I think this is why trainers tend to have a very rectangular PUL section, not the hourglass shape of a diaper.
Think it would work if you cut off the wings? Re-sew it to be a rectangle and then make side panels?

I might have a few diapers I would be willing to sacrifice for experimentation.

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote