Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
thejuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about Alva pockets.

We used them when we were into pockets. I liked them. They fit better than our BG 4.0's. We wash on HOT and sometimes dry on hot and they held up perfectly.

Edited to add: I will say they smelled VERY "chemically" even after washing them.

Advertisement

Last edited by thejuel; 01-21-2013 at 05:09 AM.
thejuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

I thought this forum didn't support Alva coops anyore because of the ethical issues with them stealing prints?

With diapers I've always found you get what you pay for and I've never had any luck with china cheapies.......I cd'd for almost 4 years and the only diapers I ever had delaminated were cheap pockets from China. I also don't support them for ethical reasons.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
I thought this forum didn't support Alva coops anyore because of the ethical issues with them stealing prints?

With diapers I've always found you get what you pay for and I've never had any luck with china cheapies.......I cd'd for almost 4 years and the only diapers I ever had delaminated were cheap pockets from China. I also don't support them for ethical reasons.
Unfortunately they are "THE" diaper of the moment it seems, so it is ok? Last year or maybe 2011 it was flats & covers. Since the economy got really bad everybody wants cheap cheap cheap. I remember when it was BumgGenius & GoodMama. Now it seems nobody wants to pay over $10 for a diaper.

I agree with you. Plus I think they are just not that attractive

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have a terrible memory but I remember the print stealing thread and I thought the mods said they weren't going to support Alva co-ops on here anymore?

It just frustrates me that this company steals prints from other companies.....we know this for sure.....and we're still talking about coops with them here......I was happy when I thought they weren't condoned here. I hate turning the other cheek just because they're cheap.

Beyond they confirmed print stealing, I have other serious ethical concerns but that one is glaringly obvious. One more edit: I like this article:

http://allaboutclothdiapers.com/are-...rom-china-bad/

Last edited by lrgs; 01-20-2013 at 07:39 PM.
lrgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i didnt know any of that about alva! i only have three newborns I got in a trade and I have never used them, they are on FSOT since I didn't have any inserts and am using AIO's. Good to know! Almost my entire stash is WAHM for a reason
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
triplea
Registered Users
seller

I started cding with Sunbabies and Alvas. I preferred Alvas hands down to Sunbaby. They had a much better fit than Sunbabies and seemed to be made better. I would definitely suggest going through a co-op to get them. They don't always get stuck in customs, it's a roll of the dice. In the end though I ran into problems. First it was the smell with mf inserts, they are terrible! I switched to bamboo. Then my problem was leaking, especially when dd got to the point where she started holding her pee and then peeing a gallon all at once. With a he washer it was hard to figure out the "perfect" wash routine to get them to rinse clean. I washed in warm and dried on hot with no problems delaminating. It seems like pul is much harder to rinse clean though.
triplea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #17
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Who's prints do they steal? Their website is kind of confusing lol. I didn't know they they had aio's too... It's a lot to take in on top of all the debating...
Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
March
Registered Users
seller

They've stolen Cotton Babies' Lovelace and GroVia's Nature, for sure. Kawaii stole GroVia's Mod Flower. These companies don't steal actual reams of PUL; they have their graphic artists recreate the print, it looks like.

Importing these prints into the US is illegal, but it's also illegal to import anything that violates a patent, and Alvas are in violation of a few patents. If you look at their listings on Alibaba, they note which US, Canadian, and European patents they're in violation of and warn importers to import at their own risk. Technically if you're importing it for resell (like a co-op does or like a store that sells them with their own labels), you're supposed to edit the product before it can be distributed/sold. So, for example, if the snap placement violates a patent, then anybody who is importing them MUST remove and reconfigure the snap placement before they can go to anybody else's hands.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #19
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by March
They've stolen Cotton Babies' Lovelace and GroVia's Nature, for sure. Kawaii stole GroVia's Mod Flower. These companies don't steal actual reams of PUL; they have their graphic artists recreate the print, it looks like.

Importing these prints into the US is illegal, but it's also illegal to import anything that violates a patent, and Alvas are in violation of a few patents. If you look at their listings on Alibaba, they note which US, Canadian, and European patents they're in violation of and warn importers to import at their own risk. Technically if you're importing it for resell (like a co-op does or like a store that sells them with their own labels), you're supposed to edit the product before it can be distributed/sold. So, for example, if the snap placement violates a patent, then anybody who is importing them MUST remove and reconfigure the snap placement before they can go to anybody else's hands.
Wow, I have never looked them up on alibaba, so I didn't know they actually told you which patents they violate!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #20
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post

just adding that GroVia Owls is also amongst the stolen prints
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote