Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #141
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: how often do you shower/bathe?

I rinse off on the shower 2 -4 times per week. I only wash my hair every 3 weeks...yup that's right. It is always up in a bun and does not get nearly as dirty as quickly as when I wore it down....plus since it has not been cut in 9 years and in knee length it takes a long time to dry. My oldest 2 kiddos wash 3-5 times per week all the younger ones have a weekly bath, with bonus baths as needed!

Another horror...I don;t use deodorant....I don't smell like a flower shop, but amazingly enough I don't stink either...soap and water works

Advertisement

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #142
Puppydog
Banned for 6 months for ignoring repeated request to attempt to be polite/respectful.

It must be a cultural thing. I've told DH, my mother and a few friends about this thread and they have all been absolutely aghast that people don't shower every day. I told them about the whores bath thing and that seemed to horrify everyone more.

One response was "that's not cleaning, that's smearing" and another "why not just shower then".

For me its about feeling clean, getting off all that horrible dead skin, scrubbing the day off of you. I love feeling clean. I couldn't wallow in my own filth for more then 12 hours. I also have a very sensitive nose, I shout at DH to shower as soon as he comes home because I can smell him. He doesn't "stink" but he smell of a long day. Eeeewww.

Also, sweat on my skin freaks me out and freaks me out badly!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #143
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I shower and shave daily. If I miss one day I feel like I want to crawl right out of my own skin. It literally brings tears to my eyes to think about not showering for a day.

I very rarely need any deodorant nowadays, since I improved my diet. I wash and condition my hair daily but have been thinking about doing it every other day in order to best preserve ower new hair color (I'm going to become a red head for my birthday).

When I was a teenager and I was in one of my worst depressions, I went without a shower for an entire month. Looking back I just cringe at the memory. I always told my ex that if I didn't shower, there's seriously something wrong.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #144
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiths13 View Post
We all shower daily, but I only wash my hair every other day.
^this.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #145
Mumaluvnz
Registered Users

Until reading this I didn't relise it was so normal to not shower daily. Very tmi but surely people shower after being with there husband?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #146
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked
Oh yeah I hooker bathe before sex, always. Always have and always will.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Bahhhh ha ha ha.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #147
Hellga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just go pee and then use a wet wipe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumaluvnz View Post
Until reading this I didn't relise it was so normal to not shower daily. Very tmi but surely people shower after being with there husband?
Slowly but surely making money with Swagbucks!
Hellga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:07 AM   #148
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller

Total shower addict here. I'll shower once a day, at least... sometimes twice. Love, love, love the clean feel, and super hot water. Part of it may be that I work overnight shift a couple times a week, and come home feeling slimy and tired, so the shower invigorates and relaxes me at the same time. Don't always wash my hair but will condition it every time. I know this isn't going to be a popular thing to say but I dislike baths (for me) a lot. The idea of sitting in soap scum and dirt for 30 minutes or whatever is not appealing. Just had a baby 12/31/12 so I'm trying to figure out a good bath schedule for her
gingersnappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #149
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

I shower at least once a day. Many times twice a day since I work out everyday...I do not like feeling gross.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:11 AM   #150
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

I don't really keep up with how many baths/showers I have per week, but in between showers I fill up the bathroom sink with hot soapy water and wash the worst offenders using bar soap too. I start with my face and work my way down to my toes. Works for me and I feel super fresh after my sink bath and super thrifty too for not wasting water and time. I just thought everyone did that if they just had a couple places that needed freshening instead of taking a full on shower or bath. I wonder if daily bathers would knock it if they tried it? You really do get super fresh. Oh and if my hair seems a lil oily between showers, I either wash it in the sink or do a dry shampoo using corn starch.
Resellmybelle is offline   Reply With Quote