Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
EBFing my 23 mo, what should I do?

DS1 has in the past few weeks really increased how often he asks to nurse. From only like once to 3+ times a day. He's been asking as soon as he wakes up or before we eat and I'm thinking its because he's hungry but when I tell him he needs to eat breakfast/lunch/dinner first and I'll nurse him later he throws a fit. And sometimes he'll only eat a few bites then want to get down. As soon as he gets down he goes and gets the Boppy. It's like he wants to nurse instead of eat, but there's definitely not enough milk here to feed a 2 yr old and a 6 mo. Any advice for how I should handle this?

Advertisement

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: EBFing my 23 mo, what should I do?

One side for each. Could be he feels need to be close like baby.... try to remind he is loved...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Teething? Or fighting something/coming down with something? You will make enough milk for both so I wouldn't worry about that so much but I would think its temporary. I tandemed for a year, it was tough but I'm do glad I did it.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you nurse him a lot, you will make enough to feed him as much as he wants--barring some kind of hormonal problem.

My 21-month-old does drive-by nursing sessions, too, and to a certain extent, it is annoying. If he nurses, jumps down to play, and then comes back a minute later to ask to nurse again, I try to distract him with toys, snacks, whatever. Sometimes he gets mad, but we manage. It's part of my nursing manners for toddlers--if you just nursed, mama says you have to wait a while before nursing again.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, Mamas. Well he had diarrhea this morning and a fever when I put him down for a nap Hopefully this passes quickly and doesn't get passed around the house. He's still playful though, so at least its not too bad. Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time sitting and nursing little ones until this passes :P

Old 01-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaterofJacob
Thanks, Mamas. Well he had diarrhea this morning and a fever when I put him down for a nap Hopefully this passes quickly and doesn't get passed around the house. He's still playful though, so at least its not too bad. Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time sitting and nursing little ones until this passes :P
I'm sorry he's sick Isn't it amazing how he knew what he needed before he showed sign significant symptoms?!?! I love that about nursing my littles(and not so littles). They get exactly what their bodies need as long as we follow their lead.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, he seems to finally be over and now unfortunately I have it. It's been a few days already so hopefully I'll be over it soon too. Had to ask DH to come home from work this morning because I was non-functional. He's planning on staying home tomorrow too since I'm still really out of it. I'm really grateful that he can do that. And and with every bolt to the bathroom I remind myself that I'll probably lose some of that baby weight....

Old 01-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, he seems to finally be over and now unfortunately I have it. It's been a few days already so hopefully I'll be over it soon too. Had to ask DH to come home from work this morning because I was non-functional. He's planning on staying home tomorrow too since I'm still really out of it. I'm really grateful that he can do that. And and with every bolt to the bathroom I remind myself that I'll probably lose some of that baby weight....

Old 01-28-2013, 09:03 PM   #9
daphnes_mom
Registered Users

Oh no fee better momma, that's no fun at all.
daphnes_mom is offline   Reply With Quote