Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #11
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post

We are going to be moving either this summer while I am very pregnant or shortly after and money could definitely be used in other areas besides diapers I am sure. We probably will end up with an older washer and dryer and now that I think of it the fitteds might take forever to dry. I am used to our FLer tha spins out the water! I am ok with spending more on the Sbish if we will really use/love them since they would save us from buying sposies. I am just not sure if flats or expensive fitteds will be more stressful for a homeschooling mama of 6.
I am also a homeschooling mama of six and dont find flats stressful at all. we did have problems keeping our sbish clean (at one point I had a whole stash of sbish) and that was stressful! So easy cleaning diapers are what I stick with!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
thoughtfulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd also make/buy some fleece liners to help keep wetness away at nights, and some flushable liners to help with clean up! Osocozys has organics, and I believe tiny tush too. You could also try rebourn on etsy, she has organic flats too!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #13
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Bamboo flats or fitteds? Which would you choose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServingHim View Post
I am also a homeschooling mama of six and dont find flats stressful at all. we did have problems keeping our sbish clean (at one point I had a whole stash of sbish) and that was stressful! So easy cleaning diapers are what I stick with!

Do you padfold? Or do you fold and fasten?
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #14
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!!!!!!!

And just wanted to say I have some Imagine bamboo flats and love them. I'm just padfolding them in flips, but they are definitely more absorbent than a cotton flat the same size (DR larges).
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:05 AM   #15
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just saying congrats again friend! Exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #16
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Last edited by FernHollow; 01-25-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #17
5littlesweeties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
As a homeschooling mom of 6... God bless you lol! I am using mostly AIO's now and I like the ease putting it on and getting poo off but there is some added washing time and drying which is really inconvenient because to stay on track I need to complete at least 3 loads of regular laundry everyday. So flats would wash faster, easier. I can get more diaper help with the easier diapers though. I think I would recommend half and half though or 75% flats 25% fitteds. IME it works best to have only 1 or 2 types so you know the fit and you can just say hand me a diaper and not have to say it looks like this or whatever, you know they all fit the same and you can not have to have certain things to work with certain outfits. I know right now you can't do PUL but I am currently in love with the sized Simplex. I have considered doing bamboo flats though and the GMD workhorse with wool but ultimately, I'm at a stage where I love cloth diapers and think they're cute and will always want to try and buy more but in reality I don't have time to do fun diapering where we sit and decide which diaper to use and if it will match this or that, I need to grab and go, easy, absorbent and in my case trim because my ds is so tiny we can't do bulk
Old 01-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #18
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow View Post

Do you padfold? Or do you fold and fasten?
Mostly padfold for the quick factor but I occasionally will pin them on. I did use flats exclusively for 1 year with wool and had to fold and pin them. I only had 4 children at the time but I did get sick of folding. Since getting flips and pad folding it's as easy as an AIO. I dont exclusively use flats at the moment but will be once we get back home. We've been on a trip for several months.

Btw, congrats on the new little bean!

Old 01-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #19
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Last edited by FernHollow; 01-25-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #20
5littlesweeties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I really struggle with easier, best for baby, cheapest etc. but for me cloth is not "just as easy as sposies" . The extra laundry, extra effort to figure out what works, bulk etc. for now I use cloth, I have a stash of Rainshine Designs and a few simplexes but as soon as it gets to be too much I won't feel guilty about using sposies. I think different things work at different stages of life.