Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #161
BradleyMomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphreysmommy
I don't know.... How come I can't easily secure our furniture, or install the diaper sprayer, or trim the hedges, or paint the kitchen, or mow the lawn? I mean I could do those things but just as easily as my husband could make a dr's appointment. We all have strengths and weakness and that is what makes us a team.
I can do all those things, but I agree that we fall into certain roles within a family. There's nothing wrong with that...but I hate nagging over all the little things. My husband leaves a trail around the house and that's what drives me insane.

Advertisement

BradleyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #162
BradleyMomma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor

Some of this, I think, is personality. My sister was like this for the longest time. Used to drive my oma absolutely batty when we would visit. It was as if she lacked the initiative to do all the things involved in a task.

I, on the other hand, just manage to forget all sorts of details because it's me. Several people in my life are convinced I have ADHD, but it seems silly to go get tested at this point.
I actually think, in my husbands case, it is ADHD.
BradleyMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #163
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyMomma View Post
All that said he really will do anything, but wow, I feel like such a nag constantly asking the same things!

(Truly no snark here I'm just curious) - then why not stop asking and just accept the 80% of things you DO love and appreciate about him rather than spending so much time and angst and energy nagging (your word) about things that he isn't likely to change?

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #164
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi

I think that is a cop out. I am more capable than my husband at doing all of those things.
I do this stuff too. If my hubby does it I have to ask first. It would lay there forever not done...or mowed for that matter if it was up to him.
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #165
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
Sorry, I just have a hard time believing someone has never spoken a single (even minor) ill word about their spouse /shrug

More power to you, though. I couldn't do it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
First the Sanctimommies, now the Sanctiwifies.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #166
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
seriously?
In the time it took to log on and post the reply, she could have moved said 12 bags said 4 feet. In the time it took the OP to start this thread, she could have had a decent talk with her DH and communicated some of her issues that she addressed here. Everyone has their own priorities, and they are none of my business, but wow, how much time does one spend b!tching instead of just DOING what needs to be done - be that taking the trash out or having a conversation with their spouse?
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #167
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm truly sorry if my stand-up-for-the-men post hurt some. I do think (as I hope my earlier posts made clear) that talking about these frustrations and how to raise kids with more flexible skills and expectations of men and women is an important topic. And there are times for venting. I am just personally distressed over blacklisting/pigeonholing an entire sex even in jest and also think that in its small way it could contribute to reinforcing the same frustrating behaviors. (These little bits are what added up to shape the men and women in our lives in the first place.) I do understand that many of us see sitcoms and movies doing the same thing, and not everyone shares my sensitivities. I won't retract my statement, but I am aware and was only trying to bring awareness to another p.ov. As for your stories, they are interesting to read, and I actually am under the impression that many ladies venting have been patient and longsuffering, if you will, in making partnerships work w/ hubbies who are not always that attuned to the efforts you put into the home and what their part might be. Blessings on your journies....

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #168
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19

First the Sanctimommies, now the Sanctiwifies.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
Has nothing to do with being a sanctiwife, I am far from that. I just would rather focus my energy in talking to my husband rather than venting about him. I don't see the big deal, I guess I'm just weird :/
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #169
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post

In the time it took to log on and post the reply, she could have moved said 12 bags said 4 feet. In the time it took the OP to start this thread, she could have had a decent talk with her DH and communicated some of her issues that she addressed here. Everyone has their own priorities, and they are none of my business, but wow, how much time does one spend b!tching instead of just DOING what needs to be done - be that taking the trash out or having a conversation with their spouse?
Apparently about as much time as one spends b!tching about other people b!tching.

ETA: Seriously, it's either they're coddled and are allowed to get away with it, or omg don't prove a point just do it and reinforce the coddling. Hello middle ground, my name is nonexistent.

Last edited by Hillargh; 01-24-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #170
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post

Apparently about as much time as one spends b!tching about other people b!tching.

ETA: Seriously, it's either they're coddled and are allowed to get away with it, or omg don't prove a point just do it and reinforce the coddling. Hello middle ground, my name is nonexistent.

Thank you. I didn't even know what to say to that, but you summed up my WTF perfectly.