Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
Mom2evie
Registered Users
seller

Weak bladder??

So I've only had one pregnancy and she was delivered VIA csection due to preeclampsia but no other complications. This was 2 and 1/2 years ago but I've noticed my bladder wasn't quite as strong as before (like if I was laughing really hard I have to cross my legs) but now I've started working out pretty regularly and am noticing it way more while exercising. Is this a normal side effect of carrying a baby and having those muscles pushed on???

Advertisement

I'm a CDing, vaxing on schedule, bottle feeding mama
Mom2evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weak bladder??

I would sayyes. I was talking in. this with sil. She headhad eight kids and i'm on 3rd. Even my ob says yes.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

I think it's more to do with pregnancy. Many moms I know have only had vaginal births and have the same issue.

If you had trouble with bladder sensation or lack of, then I would say that is more to do with c-sections.
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
Mom2evie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
I think it's more to do with pregnancy. Many moms I know have only had vaginal births and have the same issue.

If you had trouble with bladder sensation or lack of, then I would say that is more to do with c-sections.
Thanks. I just think its weird I never pushed a baby through those muscles yet I'm feeling my bladder isn't the same. It's a feeling like I'm going to pee on myself if I laugh too hard or run.

I'm a CDing, vaxing on schedule, bottle feeding mama
Mom2evie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #5
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2evie View Post
Thanks. I just think its weird I never pushed a baby through those muscles yet I'm feeling my bladder isn't the same. It's a feeling like I'm going to pee on myself if I laugh too hard or run.
The enlargement uterus messes with the bladder. Sometimes bladders don't ever feel the same! I have to double void since having my 4 kids (3 c/s) because my bladder doesn't want to contract fully the first time to get all the pee out... so I think I'm done peeing,but I stand up and wash my hands and I realize there is more pee in there and I have to go again! Frustrating, but my OB says it's totally normal. My last c-section,I had a bladder injury and when I recovering from that, I couldn't feel I had to pee until I was either peeing some or about to explode. That has healed though, thank goodness!

The sacrifices of motherhood...
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote