Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pregnancy Exercise

In case any of you are looking for an awesome pregnancy workout, I wanted to recommend Body By Trimester, by Joy. I just received mine and did my second work out today. It's definitely a great dvd set. Her workouts are challenging, but can be tailored down in intensity if you are just beginning or up if you are wanting to push yourself more. It's not cheesy like a lot of pregnancy workouts can be. I don't consider myself a beginner when it comes to working out and I'm definitely feeling the affects My 20mo likes to join in too, more so by becoming a 25lb leg weight during lunges and push ups lol... wish I would have found it last trimester!

Advertisement

momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
tricia17lee
Registered Users
seller

Re: Pregnancy Exercise

What kinds of equipment do you need? I am looking for some short workouts that I can actually commit to!
I have an elliptical, but never motivate myself to get on it...I do better with following a video to maintain a better pace and not quit when I feel like it :P

I'd love to find a great yoga/Pilates prenatal workout.
tricia17lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia17lee
What kinds of equipment do you need? I am looking for some short workouts that I can actually commit to!
I have an elliptical, but never motivate myself to get on it...I do better with following a video to maintain a better pace and not quit when I feel like it :P

An exercise/stability ball, 5lb and 8lb dumbbell sets. I use 10lbs instead of 8lb because that's what we had on hand. You don't need to use dumbbells though. You could also go heavier if you wanted to. The first time I tried one of the workouts I didn't use dumbbells and I still felt it. The ball is a must though.

ETA: I think including warm up and cool down the workouts are about 40mins, havent timed it yet though. She also includes and express workout, which is 15min.

Edit to my post. Her workouts, including cool down are 30min total. Timed it yesterday.

Last edited by momma_dna; 01-25-2013 at 11:09 AM.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used Erin O'Brien's Prenatal Fitness Fix for a couple pregnancies now and love it! It's not too long, gets a good sweat going, helps aches and pains, has a warm up, cardio, floor work/pilates, and cool down, and doesn't require any equipment.

Last edited by ~Cricket~; 01-23-2013 at 01:08 PM.
~Cricket~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
It's not cheesy like a lot of pregnancy workouts can be
funny you mention this, i just picked up a few pregnancy workout DVDs from a local kids resale shop and the one lady is so cheesy that i cant stop laughing through the 20 min cardio. her tone and the things she says are just ridiculous, she should be a pre-k teacher! or a saturday night live skit.

anyhow, i will check out yours if i get a chance, i like variety. i will add my recommendation for '10 minute Solution: Prenatal Pilates'. i started working out again at about 14 weeks when my nausea cleared, and at first i could only handle 10 minutes/day because of exhaustion, inability to commit, etc. this DVD is awesome in that it is divided up into all these tiny segments that you can choose from. i added 10 more minutes each time i felt up to it, and knocked off 10 min when i didnt. im proud to say that i now have a committed schedule of 40 min 5 or 6 days a week and i mix it up with different DVDs for a combination of cardio, dance, pilates, yoga, and lifting. i heart pilates for the fast results it gives.

def check out resale shops if you have any nearby. i paid $9.99 for one DVD and they had the same one for $2.99.

Last edited by nettepoet; 01-25-2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: title mistake
nettepoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #6
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricia17lee View Post

i meant to respond to you with the 10 Minute Solution recommendation. its an awesome 'gateway DVD'! it really helped me to start with a tiny goal of just 10 minutes and work from there.