Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #281
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked
You handwashers rock!
Yeah that!!
I did the ddl challenge last year, but I had to bow out of the handwashing early in the week bc I was threatening early labor. I ended up with a 36 weeker, but it could have been much earlier had I not been careful. Anyhow, I kinda enjoyed the handwashing and look forward to the challenge again this year. It gave me a sense of satisfaction knowing I didn't "need" my machine.
Way to go handwashing mamas!

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #282
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

I made a discovery today that was probably obvious to everyone but me! Y'all know I love my receiving blanket flats, but unless you are going cover less all that cute is covered up. I discovered today that the econobum covers let just enough of the pattern through so I get to enjoy my pretty RBFs! Here is DS in his dinosaur print RBF and an econobum. Love!!!

Attachment 131687

ETA: it actually shows up better in real life! My lighting sucks. I really like the fit of the econobums too.

Last edited by PurpleFluff; 04-15-2013 at 03:00 PM.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #283
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Another old skool challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Handwashing flats isn't hard! But then again coin laundry with flats is even easier!

Good luck with whatever one you decide.
Handwashed! Yay for me! It's one of those things I've been *wanting* to try but have never gotten up the nerve to do.

It took a while, though -- two full days worth of all-flat laundry. 19 flats, 2 covers (yay for wool at night -- no extra covers!) and of course wipes, so I did it in two different batches. Handwashed again this morning, which was WAY easier because there were only five flats to deal with, two of them were poopy, which made the washing part a bit more interesting.

Those of you who handwash, do you notice poo stains more frequently when you wash by hand? When I wash in the machine, I've never had any poo stains (except ebf poo, which I just sun out). But one of the flats from this morning still has light poo staining, which leaves me wondering if it's just a stain or if I didn't clean it enough to get all the ick out?

Little Mr. is taking his nap now in a kite-folded large GMD with a fleece cover. Time to go fold all those flats from yesterday...
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #284
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG! Love that, i may need to get an econobum just for the cute factor lol! i wonder if a white flip is as see-through? i had econobums in the past, iirc they are thinner than flips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFluff View Post
I made a discovery today that was probably obvious to everyone but me! Y'all know I love my receiving blanket flats, but unless you are going cover less all that cute is covered up. I discovered today that the econobum covers let just enough of the pattern through so I get to enjoy my pretty RBFs! Here is DS in his dinosaur print RBF and an econobum. Love!!!

Attachment 131687

ETA: it actually shows up better in real life! My lighting sucks. I really like the fit of the econobums too.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #285
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

def more staining, my babe is EBF still no solids yet and the staining i got when machine washing was light or nothing at all yet with handwashing it is more noticeable, still squeaky clean though! if it smells clean its clean even if theres a stain
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermomof2 View Post
Handwashed! Yay for me! It's one of those things I've been *wanting* to try but have never gotten up the nerve to do.

It took a while, though -- two full days worth of all-flat laundry. 19 flats, 2 covers (yay for wool at night -- no extra covers!) and of course wipes, so I did it in two different batches. Handwashed again this morning, which was WAY easier because there were only five flats to deal with, two of them were poopy, which made the washing part a bit more interesting.

Those of you who handwash, do you notice poo stains more frequently when you wash by hand? When I wash in the machine, I've never had any poo stains (except ebf poo, which I just sun out). But one of the flats from this morning still has light poo staining, which leaves me wondering if it's just a stain or if I didn't clean it enough to get all the ick out?

Little Mr. is taking his nap now in a kite-folded large GMD with a fleece cover. Time to go fold all those flats from yesterday...
Old 01-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #286
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadeeof4+ View Post
def more staining, my babe is EBF still no solids yet and the staining i got when machine washing was light or nothing at all yet with handwashing it is more noticeable, still squeaky clean though! if it smells clean its clean even if theres a stain
Ah...good to know. Thanks, mama! That's what I thought, but I wasn't totally sure, since I've never hand washed our diapers before.

On a similar note, washing machine is up and running. LO is currently napping in a padfolded imagine bamboo flat inside a moonbeam flip.

Don't look now, mamas, but we are all in the home stretch! Only one more week to go!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #287
supermomof2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFluff View Post

Attachment 131687

Ohhh....I LIKE that! Makes me want to try an econobum with some of our receiving blankets now.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #288
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok I cheated today, we were out at dd's dance class and I had forgotten to restock the diaper bag with flats. Our bge's are our normal out and about dipes, so Henri sported one of those until we got home
Old 01-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #289
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I cheated all day today! Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #290
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller