Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Consign store rant

I sent a box of spring stuff to the local consign store to try to get rid of things. They took 2 of a 3 part item set, took a dress but not the shirt and a few other things like that went with other things as well (so took tops but not bottoms) leaving me with a bunch of stuff that still is stain free and spring clothing at least to me as in early spring I wouldn't put sun dresses and shorts on a kid.

GGGGGGGRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM   #2
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
I always tell my consignment store to keep sets together. If they don't want both pieces to send them back. That really irks me. Sorry.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Consign store rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabritt View Post
I always tell my consignment store to keep sets together. If they don't want both pieces to send them back. That really irks me. Sorry.
We dropped off and had a crabby toddler so couldn't say that. I had it paired up too of everything that went together and it looked as if my toddler went through the box when we got it later....
Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #4
monkeyscience
Registered Users
seller

Weird - I work at a consignment store, and we much prefer sets to single items! In fact, in some sizes, we won't even take things that aren't sets. That is really annoying!
monkeyscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Well it was long &short sleeve shirts & pants. Took dress but not shirt, took onesie but not pants........ glad to hear it isn't all stores.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #6
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh gosh.......I found a local mama with a DD a year younger then mine and just pass down everything to her.......I'm so thankful I don't have to deal with consigning or anything like that. It's great for both of us because she gets a lot of free clothes and every so often, she buys me a Starbucks gift card
Old 01-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #7
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

I hate that. I bought a shirt from a consignment store. When I got home, I noticed it was stained. Washed it, got the stain out and tried it on DD. Didn't fit her so I brought it back in with some other stuff to sell to them and they said the shirt wasn't good enough condition. I bought it in worse condition... really??
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aithyne View Post
I hate that. I bought a shirt from a consignment store. When I got home, I noticed it was stained. Washed it, got the stain out and tried it on DD. Didn't fit her so I brought it back in with some other stuff to sell to them and they said the shirt wasn't good enough condition. I bought it in worse condition... really??
I bought pj for my daughter like that with like paint on them but I didn't have tag our nothing but time I realized so I couldn't take back... Some of the stuff I debt in were better than other things I have seen for condition in the store too... I just don't get it... Like Jeans they saris that were to work...no not really.........our my mom said said there were strains on poetry barn bumper when there were none........