Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 PM   #41
loving my family
Registered Users

Re: I **want** to like cloth pads, but...

Does OBV or OCV stain I really like the idea of minky and it not staining so do any of you know? Thanks

Advertisement

loving my family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #42
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

OBV does stain depending on how you care for it. I find that an oxygen bleach soak does wonders!! Before I learned about that I had some stains developing, and now the pads look good again. The moderator here who told me about it has had some OBV pads for years that she thought were permanently stained, but the oxygen bleach took care of it for her. Just fill the bucket with cold water, and add some warm water mixed with oxygen bleach (in order to activate the bleach before adding). Soak 1hr up to overnight. I also pre-treated the ones that were starting to look stained with some straight hydrogen peroxide for a couple of minutes (another tip I learned here). But I imagine that they still might stain a little bit in more time (relative to minky)?? However, like I said, the moderator here found that her old stains were removed with this method. Individually results might vary though. I just really love OBV.

Pad makers do not recommend using Oxiclean, as it is too harsh. So oxybrite or biokleen oxygen bleach would be the way to go.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 01-25-2013 at 02:21 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #43
loving my family
Registered Users

Oh ok thank you for the information it is helpful
Old 01-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #44
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving my family View Post
Does OBV or OCV stain I really like the idea of minky and it not staining so do any of you know? Thanks
I soak my used pads in a bowl of water in the tub then rinse before I throw them in the pail. I have very few that are stained & it's only very light staining.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #45
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am all about my Moon Cup paired with OBV liners from Homestead Emporium. The best combo for me. Makes everything manageable, even with being on my feet almost all of my work day AND limited bathroom breaks (I am a teacher).
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #46
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

p.s.--Re: OBV staining, I've noticed that some pics of used pads that ladies have posted show a certain "bleaching" almost of the areas where their flow had been held. This seems to be more common with certain brands (?) and also with dark blue/purple dye jobs. One plus about Go with the Flo is that her swirly dye job would help obscure any minor problems you might have. I only soak mine at the end of my period or whenever I am about to wash them (I tend to have a load in the middle of my period that I can add them too). The moderator who told me about oxygen bleach has a devoted pail in her bathroom. At the end of her and her daughter's period, they fill it with water and then the oxygen bleach solution and leave it overnight. That means she only has to handle them to put them in the wash--pretty easy.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 01-25-2013 at 04:09 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:13 PM   #47
dvrgrl38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Looks like I'm the odd woman out! I haven't tried minky but I MUCH prefer flannel to obv. Especially for liners. The OBV and CV always feel wet and stick to me, the flannel doesn't. I have some minky coming to try though

ISO: 1 skein Bear and pants no sleep til Brooklyn
dvrgrl38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #48
loving my family
Registered Users

Thank you all who have taken the time to answer my question this is great
Old 01-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #49
Chibirsd
Registered Users
seller

I use a menstral cup and minky topped panty liners. I love it !

Lindsey - RN wishing to be a SAHM. mom to the cutest DS born 10/3/11.
Chibirsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #50
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love OBV. I really do think it is my very favorite but the minky is really easy to care for (my daughter likes the minky best but I really think that is only because of the prints lol)

I will say that I have some bleaching of my pads as described below but my daughter has none on hers. I wonder if it has something to do with acidity in ones body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
p.s.--Re: OBV staining, I've noticed that some pics of used pads that ladies have posted show a certain "bleaching" almost of the areas where their flow had been held. This seems to be more common with certain brands (?) and also with dark blue/purple dye jobs. One plus about Go with the Flo is that her swirly dye job would help obscure any minor problems you might have. I only soak mine at the end of my period or whenever I am about to wash them (I tend to have a load in the middle of my period that I can add them too). The moderator who told me about oxygen bleach has a devoted pail in her bathroom. At the end of her and her daughter's period, they fill it with water and then the oxygen bleach solution and leave it overnight. That means she only has to handle them to put them in the wash--pretty easy.
You know a lot about this moderator and her routine

I love that I don't have to touch them with my hands at all (unless I do decide to rinse or something) The pail we have is awesome! I think it is an old bouncy ball bucket? Has a lid that is actually a flap style lid so one half raises and lowers effortlessly. I wish I could find a few more of these buckets! This one came from my Dentist office and I keep meaning to ask them to save me a few more...

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote