Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #261
77Lipen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19

Are you serious? Like she would be so out to get those poor diaper manufacturers. Do I need to give you access to my paypal to believe the addy I gave is legit too? No wonder you are such a skeptic.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
I have the kawaii address in my Paypal, so no that's ok.

March is the one saying kawaii isn't a legit canadian company. When I ask about kawaii she gives information on alva. She's called kawaii china cheapies, so I want to know how or where to find this out.

Advertisement

77Lipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #262
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boohakis
Tereson of FuzziBunz considers herself a WAHM, post 148, and she owns a factory.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...ereson&page=15
I don't think Tereson owns a factory. They lease a nice little office in a neighborhood of Lafayette, La. called River Ranch, and they have (own? lease? I don't know) a warehouse.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #263
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan1212
I don't know enough about customs laws to know what exactly is shady about that invoice, but I do believe March that the quantity is off. FWIW I ordered 8 Alvas the other night so I will post a pic of the invoice when I get them.

I guess what I care about, as someone whose stash is all Diaper Rite, is if Diaper Junction is buying their diapers from Alva and if everything is on the up and up. The former is not a deal breaker for me, but the latter might be.

My problem is that I've tried everything. I don't like microfleece, I don't like the snap configuration on BG 4.0 or HH or RaR. Etc etc. This is the only diaper that works for us, so I'll be bummed if I feel morally obligated to restash. I just don't know anything about importing, certificates, etc. I would be surprised if they are blatantly violating any laws, to be honest. It just seems like too much of a risk. I have faith but will be open to any information anyone can provide. Thanks!
I think it sounds like a huge risk and I honestly do suspect that the well known, reputable stores like Diaper Junction who are buying generics are paying for testing and playing by the rules. I think it's a shame that so many of these generic brand factories will unscrupulously undermine their high-volume clients by selling products directly to consumers at cost. They probably don't sell an identical product, but allow the store to trademark a feature, but the products are similar enough that the consumer feels duped for having paid the store's price-point.

Last edited by March; 01-25-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #264
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Tell me about Alva pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
I think it sounds like a huge risk and I honestly do suspect that the well known, reputable stores like Diaper Junction who are buying generics are paying for testing and playing by the rules. I think it's a shame that so many of these generic brand factories will unscrupulously undermine their high-volume clients by selling products directly to consumers at cost. They probably don't sell an identical product, but allow the store to trademark a feature, but the products are similar enough that the consumer feels duped for having paid the store's price-point.
This is were you lose me, so correct me if I am misunderstanding. You think that The cheap diapers at diaper junction are being produced by the same companies as are manufacturing said "china cheapies". Since you believe DJ is doing the correct testing, using the same factories, ect, why are these same diapers unsafe sold under a different name wholesale? (You already clarified your stance on copyrights and import practice so my interest here is your issue with safety) Serious question, no snark intended, I just want to understand your thought process here.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #265
March
Registered Users
seller

Double post

Last edited by March; 01-25-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #266
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan1212 View Post
This is the only diaper that works for us, so I'll be bummed if I feel morally obligated to restash. I just don't know anything about importing, certificates, etc. I would be surprised if they are blatantly violating any laws, to be honest. It just seems like too much of a risk. I have faith but will be open to any information anyone can provide. Thanks!
Even if the worst comes out, I don't think you should feel morally obligated to restash. What's done is done. When you know better, you do better. Throwing them out doesn't do anything for the problem. I've bought some questionable diapers in the past. I started CD'ing with Kawaii a few years ago and I have a Sunbaby and an Alva. All bought before I knew better. I'm not going to get rid of them, but I won't buy any going forward, and I haven't bought any in a couple of years.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #267
March
Registered Users
seller

Double post

Last edited by March; 01-25-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #268
fluffycheeks
Registered Users
seller

I'm glad someone posted that Shark Tank/Fuzzibunz thread because it reminded me how quick people were to vow never to use Fuzzibunz again, simply based on the fact that they think she's brash or don't like her personality. Yet people are 100% ok to support businesses that knowingly and willfully break laws and steal intellectual property, just because they are a faceless name on the internet.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #269
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffycheeks View Post
I'm glad someone posted that Shark Tank/Fuzzibunz thread because it reminded me how quick people were to vow never to use Fuzzibunz again, simply based on the fact that they think she's brash or don't like her personality. Yet people are 100% ok to support businesses that knowingly and willfully break laws and steal intellectual property, just because they are a faceless name on the internet.
Well said.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #270
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy

This is were you lose me, so correct me if I am misunderstanding. You think that The cheap diapers at diaper junction are being produced by the same companies as are manufacturing said "china cheapies". Since you believe DJ is doing the correct testing, using the same factories, ect, why are these same diapers unsafe sold under a different name wholesale? (You already clarified your stance on copyrights and import practice so my interest here is your issue with safety) Serious question, no snark intended, I just want to understand your thought process here.
Because they would then do what any CPSIA-compliant manufacturer would do and destroy all product that doesn't meet testing criteria. One run of something checking out doesn't mean everything made in the same facility does--that's a fact of production of anything, anywhere.