Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #1
breebee
Registered Users
seller

Help With Constipation?

So DD is a little over 2 months old and hasn't pooped since monday (it is friday now)
She is EBF
She seems pretty uncomfortable.
Called pediatrician's office and talked to nurse who said to do leg flex exercise, rectal stimulation, warm bath and give 1 ounce of pear juice now and then do that every day (she said common in ebf babies 3-6 mos but I don't understand why)
I have a friend who lives in Canada and there they say do not rectal stimulate or give pear juice which leaves me confused as to which is right? So many "answers" and lots of conflicting ones.
What have you heard, read, tried, believe or any resources regarding this would be appreciated?

Advertisement

breebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Help With Constipation?

Some babies only poop once in awhile. My 3rd son only pooped 1 time every 2 weeks. Drove me crazy with anxiety. If you really think she is constipated, verses slow, then I would try the pear juice. My DS2 and 3 both had slow bowels and I had to use mirilax.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #3
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

You could also try taking a high quality probiotic. It will pass through your milk to your LO. When I started using probiotics, my LO went from pooping once a week to every day. Not overnight, but I saw more frequent poops pretty quickly. And it's good for both of you. :-)
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #4
breebee
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarnjess
You could also try taking a high quality probiotic. It will pass through your milk to your LO. When I started using probiotics, my LO went from pooping once a week to every day. Not overnight, but I saw more frequent poops pretty quickly. And it's good for both of you. :-)
Where do I get that?
breebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

You can give your LO probiotics too. Just go to the store and buy a kids one. It can be used for babies. My pedi had me try it when DS was not pooping.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My ped was never worried about ds2 going for a week with no poop. Said he was just using most of what was in the breast milk and there wasn't a lot of waste left over. So for now I wouldn't worry too much just keep an eye on it.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #7
lilannies mama
Registered Users
seller

We had lots of pooping issues with my dd being constipated. We did pear juice or any fruit juice. Massage the belly, did the leg exercise where you do like she's riding a bike. Then we had to start doing a small amount of Vaseline on a qtip & just barely insert in rear it helped a lot. But when it got really bad the dr changed us to using preperation h on a qtip & do the same thing do it about 3 times a day that has always ended up working for us. There was only one time she went so long we used a slither of a suppository to get things rolling. Hope some of this helps
lilannies mama is offline   Reply With Quote