Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2013, 04:58 PM   #1
ambroseya
Registered Users

Nipple soreness and nursing pads - help!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask so PLEASE redirect me if not, and I'll post elsewhere.

I am getting pretty desperate. I have tried several store brands of nursing pads, the only ones that are soft enough for me are the Avent brand and then after any milk gets in they are really scratchy - and I can't just carry extra all the time and switch out in public, not to mention the cost of doing so!

Does anyone have any tried & true WAHM or other options on nursing pads? So far I've just tried a few of the ones at Babies R Us because that's been the only convenient place. We also have a BUy Buy Baby if there's another mainstream brand that people highly suggest.

I am sensitive to wool being scratchy for me, so lanolin only gives the tiniest relief and I would not want a wool nursing pad where the wool touches skin. Other than that I'm willing to try just about anything but don't want to break the bank - need to be able to easily order 12-16 pads (6-8 pairs) preferably under $25.

Suggestions greatly appreciated especially from people who have used a product. My baby has my nipples in very painful condition and it feels like I'm wearing sandpaper!

Advertisement

ambroseya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #2
Chamomile Girl
Registered Users
seller

Re: Nipple soreness and nursing pads - help!

You might benefit from breast shells rather than standard pads. Or some combo of the two.

Right now I am using EPiBi pads and they work better than the standard cotton kind, but they also cost more. One down side of reusable pads is that they all stick to your nipples after you leak/dry. Ouch. The EPiBi stick less which is nice. They came in a pack with one thick and one thin pad...the thin ones are pretty much useless FYI (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Also if you are sensitive to wool you should probably change to a different nipple salve, like Motherlove maybe (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

Good luck. Sore nipples suck.
Chamomile Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re.../dp/B001KZ008G

and

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

GOOD LUCK! I also have very sensitive nips so I know exactly how you feel. Those two things have been great for me!

Spunkify is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
ss456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really like the softness of the reusable Bamboobies brand. I love mine. The disposables I tried were really irritating for me. However Bamboobies aren't cheap. I got a 6 pack for $39.99 I think.
ss456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Lansinoh cream. Nuk pass I think.Johnson and Johnson pads..... I use motherhood maternity cloth breast pads. bboobies pads
Old 01-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used these with DD and they were great. They kept everything off my sore nipples. They will collect some leakage and it was enough for me but you could add a disosable pad to catch the extra. They have holes so air can get to your nipples
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
sleepydaisy
Registered Users
seller

I have heard great things about Bamboobies. That's what I am going to try this time. They have bamboo velour close to the skin, so super soft!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #8
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Homestead Emporiums nursing pads- specifically the velour topped ones. Absolutely the best IMO. For very sore nipples that need lanolin I love my Lanacare wool ones. They aren't scratchy at all.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #9
Marbie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes, velour topped nursing pads are a life saver! I also loved Motherlove nipple cream because it is not sticky like Lansinoh. I just posted on another thread about it, so it's on my mind! Here is a link: http://www.motherlove.com/product/10...ple-Cream.html
Marbie is offline   Reply With Quote