Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
sweetgrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Appointments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj7202 View Post
My first appt is set for Feb 13th (11weeks)... I am just going to say it now... I miss my old OB!! I begged to be seen earlier with my history of miscarriage (two in the last year) and my tendency towards being high risk (hypertension, pre term labor and cholistasis of pregnancy resulting in early induction) I just need to make sure this baby is growing (2 pervious Blighted Ovums) and hear/see a heartbeat. Then I can rest. Ugh. Phone consult in to the nurse who may be able to fit me in somewhere earlier.. Ugh. My OB in Germany was so understanding and did everything they could to ease my mind. I hate starting over end rant.
Is there any way you can switch doctors? That does seem like a long time given your medical record.

AFM: I had my first appointment today. It is really early as I'm only 5 weeks but they took a thyroid panel to make sure the ol' roid is still tickin and not doing crazy things. I will get the results within the week. Next appointment isn't until 4 more weeks on February 20th.

Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #22
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetgrace

Is there any way you can switch doctors? That does seem like a long time given your medical record.
Oh I'm greasing the wheels but its a military hospital... not much luck with getting anything taken care of in a timely, reasonable fashion... Welcome to the future Obamacare... To many patients and not enough providers
jj7202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #23
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj7202 View Post

Oh I'm greasing the wheels but its a military hospital... not much luck with getting anything taken care of in a timely, reasonable fashion... Welcome to the future Obamacare... To many patients and not enough providers
Sometimes you have to demand. I did that at Womack. I had 5 pregnancies at Bragg, 1 stillborn, 2 healthy boys & 2 losses. I learned to pitch a fit.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:34 AM   #24
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19

Sometimes you have to demand. I did that at Womack. I had 5 pregnancies at Bragg, 1 stillborn, 2 healthy boys & 2 losses. I learned to pitch a fit.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
I did! I was able to be seen yesterday! Beautiful fetal pole measuring 7w+3d and 150hbp nice and strong, now I can finally enjoy this pregnancy! All I needed was reassurance that the baby was/is growing. And the staff was great! So relieved!
jj7202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:05 AM   #25
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just joined in - was in August group. Dd had her appt and ultrasound yesterday and they moved her date back 4 days, so now she's due in September. I had her join the forum, so hopefully she'll jump in on this discussion.

She's due with her first on September 4th.
Stacey, wife to Steve, Mom to 26yod, 24yod, 22yod, 20yos, Granny to 4 and #5 due 1/16
Step-mom to 28yoss & step-granny to 5, Caretaker of 2 dogs, 5 cats + Kool & the Gang (my roo and his "chicks")
Christian SAHM/Granny & Disney travel planner - hbirthed, b-fed, cd'd, co-slept, sel/delay vax, didn't circ
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
MegTrib
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have my first prenatal with our midwife in a week! We are due Sept 25th

Expecting Baby #3 in Sept '13!
MegTrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #27
sonatalady7
Registered Users

Hi All! I'm new to the group, so trying to get caught up!

I've already had 3 appointments! The first was at 6 weeks 4 days and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat! One of the most AMAZING things I've ever heard in my life! Our second was at 8 weeks 4 days...got to hear the heartbeat and more pictures! And the 3rd was when I switched over to my OBGYNs office. I didn't see my doc, but I saw his nurse...and we peeked at the baby again! ;-)

My next appointment is next Thursday, March 7th. This will be my first appointment with my OB. Yay! Sooo excited!!!
sonatalady7 is offline   Reply With Quote