Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #61
bea2269's Avatar
bea2269
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 217
That's wonderful! I'm so excited for you. Watching twins grow together is really an amazing experience. Is it all rainbows and unicorns? Of course not. But, it has been one of the most fulfilling things I have done.

Advertisement

bea2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #62
julasd's Avatar
julasd
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rochester,NY
Posts: 83
My Mood:
Re: Twin Reality Check

Congrats momma...it's so exciting and scary to be having twins.Did they tell you if they are identical or fraternal ? I only ask because with identical twins there is a chance of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome.I was diagnosed at 17 wks had surgery on my placenta and carried my girls to 29 wks.I don't want to alarm you and my girls are perfectly healthy now but it's a condition that alot of Dr.'s kinda push under the rug because it's rare
julasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #63
kricket24's Avatar
kricket24
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 401
My Mood:
Re: Twin Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by julasd View Post
Congrats momma...it's so exciting and scary to be having twins.Did they tell you if they are identical or fraternal ? I only ask because with identical twins there is a chance of Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome.I was diagnosed at 17 wks had surgery on my placenta and carried my girls to 29 wks.I don't want to alarm you and my girls are perfectly healthy now but it's a condition that alot of Dr.'s kinda push under the rug because it's rare
Yep, we know for a fact they're fraternal since we did IVF and transferred two embryos. They were really far apart on the first few ultrasounds too. So sorry you went through that but very happy to hear your girls are healthy!

Thanks so much for the support ladies! We're excited, nervous, thrilled, etc, etc! It's going to be an adventure!
__________________
~Kristen~ Married to my & Airman James (01/03)
Mommy to Dakota (4/03), Colton (6/09) and Twincesses, Keira & Katelyn (7/13)
kricket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #64
kricket24's Avatar
kricket24
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 401
My Mood:
Was reminiscing reading through this thread and thought I'd post a quick update. I'm currently 27w5d pregnant with fraternal twin girls! Both babies are doing fantastic and are estimated to weigh 2.6 and 2.7lbs each. However, due to a very short cervix I'm now on bed rest and have received steroid shots to mature their lungs just in case. We're praying I can make it full term but our immediate goal is 30 weeks. Up to this point I've had a really fantastic pregnancy so we're hopeful that bed rest will do the trick and get us well into July. Thanks again for the information, opinions and support along the way!
__________________
~Kristen~ Married to my & Airman James (01/03)
Mommy to Dakota (4/03), Colton (6/09) and Twincesses, Keira & Katelyn (7/13)
kricket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #65
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Spring Lake, NC
Posts: 1,861
My Mood:
Re: Twin Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24 View Post
Was reminiscing reading through this thread and thought I'd post a quick update. I'm currently 27w5d pregnant with fraternal twin girls! Both babies are doing fantastic and are estimated to weigh 2.6 and 2.7lbs each. However, due to a very short cervix I'm now on bed rest and have received steroid shots to mature their lungs just in case. We're praying I can make it full term but our immediate goal is 30 weeks. Up to this point I've had a really fantastic pregnancy so we're hopeful that bed rest will do the trick and get us well into July. Thanks again for the information, opinions and support along the way!
This is the first time I saw your thread, but Congrats! I'm so happy that your twins are still doing well. I hope they are able stay a while longer! Good Luck
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #66
Cadensmum's Avatar
Cadensmum
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Tulsa, OK area
Posts: 454
Re: Twin Reality Check

I'm glad you and the babies are doing well. I just read up on this thread and I'm excited for you. Are you liking your doctors? I saw that you had moved recently. I hated moving doctors because they messed up a lot of my stuff including my due date which made them take my son at "42 weeks" But I knew he was right on time weighing 7lbs 13oz. I hope you can carry your little girls to at least 30 weeks! Have you still decided on CDing and BFing them?
__________________
mama to Caden born 8/13/12
ISO: Size L kint wool, size 3 ragababe.
Cadensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #67
schoolsoutbride
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 140
Re: Twin Reality Check

ETA: Wrote this long reply about how hard the first year was, then saw you're already PG with twins so am going to just delete that, lol.

I hope those babies keep baking a while longer! Good luck!
schoolsoutbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #68
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,334
My Mood:
Re: Twin Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolsoutbride View Post
ETA: Wrote this long reply about how hard the first year was, then saw you're already PG with twins so am going to just delete that, lol.

I hope those babies keep baking a while longer! Good luck!
Hahahaaha... too funny. :P I think most of us twin moms are already shaking in our shoes a little, I truly feel that twin moms that expect the worse but hope for the best are a little more prepared. I have a friend that figured it would be super easy, and was shocked when it was hard. I'm expecting it to be chaos losing all sanity, so if we're one step up from that, we're doing good!
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #69
kricket24's Avatar
kricket24
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 401
My Mood:
Thanks mamas!


Cadensmum - So far I like my new doc and no mess ups other than he forgot I'm having twins at my second appt! It was more funny than anything so no harm done. Yes, definitely plan to breastfeed and possibly CD after the newborn phase. We got 10 huge boxes of disposable diapers for free so we'll use those before we try and switch to cloth.
__________________
~Kristen~ Married to my & Airman James (01/03)
Mommy to Dakota (4/03), Colton (6/09) and Twincesses, Keira & Katelyn (7/13)
kricket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #70
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,334
My Mood:
Re: Twin Reality Check

Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24 View Post
Thanks mamas!


Cadensmum - So far I like my new doc and no mess ups other than he forgot I'm having twins at my second appt! It was more funny than anything so no harm done. Yes, definitely plan to breastfeed and possibly CD after the newborn phase. We got 10 huge boxes of disposable diapers for free so we'll use those before we try and switch to cloth.
10 boxes!! Was it from family/friends? I have to take the time next month to sign up for all the 'twin' offers they have for free stuff, I have heard there are a couple formula companies that will send you free formula if you end up needing it, and some stores will give you coupons. Need to do some research.
__________________
Happy Wife to Handsome, Hard Working DH.
Mom to Buddy (6), Booga (3), and The Twin Beans (1).
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.