Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 01:44 PM   #11
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaphragm

Even at 5-20% that's still not bad.

All that aside, I'm not sure I understand why you seem determined to keep someone from trying this, when other women have used them and been very happy with them. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it's not going to be good for others.

Of course your opinion and experience are valid, and I'm sure the OP is glad that you shared them, but other people do have other experiences.

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 02:02 PM   #12
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~
Even at 5-20% that's still not bad.

All that aside, I'm not sure I understand why you seem determined to keep someone from trying this, when other women have used them and been very happy with them. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it's not going to be good for others.

Of course your opinion and experience are valid, and I'm sure the OP is glad that you shared them, but other people do have other experiences.
And i stated that if someone is ok with an surprise pregnancy then it might be a good choice. But it is not as effective as other forms of BC. Its about par with condoms. It is def not 99 percent effective.

For me it wasnt worth it. I shared my info and it is valid. It was not a good experience for me. We were OK with a surprise baby if the diaphragm failed and thats why we tried it. But for us it was a huge PiTB.

The thread is over a week old and no one shared their experience. There just are not a lot of people that use them.

And i never once said no one would shouldnt try it. I gave my honest review.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
lyterae
Registered Users
seller

Re: Diaphragm

We have used a diaphgragm along with FAM for almost 6 years now. I was told to keep it in after sex for 5 hours (it does get uncomfortable) but I was never told to fill the thing with spermicide. The outside edge is "lined" essentially and then a small amount goes in the diaphgragm itself. We have had no accidental pregnancies from using this as a method of birth control. A container of spermicide will last anywhere from 6-12 months for us.
lyterae is offline   Reply With Quote