Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
kristen_s14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
3 year potty-trained only if...

She doesn't wear anything on her bottom. As soon as I put training underwear on or pants she pees in them. We did the 3 day potty training method about a year ago, she was completely pt'd then, even able to wear undies but brother came along and she regressed into diapers full-time. I didn't force the issue of pting, figured she'd decide when she was ready. One day she took off her pants and diaper and has been going potty in the potty chair ever since. This was about 2 months ago, but I'm struggling with introducing undies or having her wear anything but a dress without anything covering her privates. We've explained, we've tried rewards, I go out of my way to show her mommy wears undies and she needs to too, I'm kind of clueless at this point. I'm tired of putting diapers on when we go out. She's a big girl who doesn't need them any more Any suggestions mamas? I really appreciate it!

Advertisement

kristen_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 year potty-trained only if...

Same thing that my DS2 did- peed through the pants constantly! It's totally normal undies kind of feels like diapers on her bottoms so she's probably just thinking that she should go pee or poo in them. Don't go back to diapers. Maybe have her go commando with long pants so that she can feel the pee/poo run down her leg and feel that it's icky. I wouldn't go to rewards either. She needs to know that this is just a part of living- using the potty when she needs to go poop or pee. And, with the new addition in the family, regression is normal, too, from what I've read. Whatever you do, do not go back to diapers!
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
kristen_s14
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the advice! Funny thing is last night DD decided she wanted to put pants on but commando style & here we are over 12 hours later with no accidents. Seems about the time I start getting worried/frustrated she decides to surprise me & do that very thing I'm wanting her to do . Silly kids, no wonder I have a few gray hairs now lol
kristen_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote