Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would make an appointment with a ped opthomologist (sp?) it could be that she has an eye muscle problem that needs strengthening. Speaking from experience, it's better to be checked out sooner than later and glasses might not be the fix. A lot of optometrists just want to hand over glasses to put a bandaid on the problem.

Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #12
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Honestly if shes seeing 20/20 20/25 I don't see why they are correcting her vision. I've have horrible vision and have had glasses since I was a kid. It doesnt make sense to correct perfect vision to strengthen one eye. She could use an eye patch on the stronger eye to make the other eye work harder.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help, I am so confused! **Kids Glasses**

I don't understand why they did glasses at all. Not if she is truly seeing at those levels.

Have you asked her why she watches movies that way?

It sounds to me like she needs to see an ophthalmologist instead of an optometrist.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #14
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have 3 children in glasses ranging in age from 2yo- 9yo. We have had glasses in the house for over 5 years. I agree with the pp mentioning taking her to a pediatric opthomologist. IMO it is vital for children to see a medical doctor that specializes in pediatrics to get appropriate care. Having the lenses checked is also important because people make errors and thay could be part of the issue. The office that prescribed her glasses should have explained in detain why the script is that way perhaps call them and request an explanation.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #15
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
I don't understand why they did glasses at all. Not if she is truly seeing at those levels.

Have you asked her why she watches movies that way?

It sounds to me like she needs to see an ophthalmologist instead of an optometrist.
I agree with seeing a pediatric opthalmologist. My DS used to watch tv like that exactly but he is very farsighted and has esotropia. He stopped doing it for the most part once he had eye surgery.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
MavericksMama
Registered Users
seller

She did see an opthamologist, not an optometrist. I asked the optometrist at Walmart about the prescription, but that is not who she saw for her exam. I couldn't find a pediatric one anywhere, maybe the next state over might have one I could drive her to.
MavericksMama is offline   Reply With Quote