Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Diaper rash will not go away :(

Maybe a weird question, but is the baby wearing cloth or sposies?

some sposies can cause rashes. And sometimes cloth diapers need some stripping when baby is getting continuous rashes.

Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #12
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie View Post
Could it be a food allergy? Did he recently have something new in his diet?
He's only 6wks but it did start about 5days after he was diagnosed as dairy intolerent and put on Nutrimigen. Could that be causing it?

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:01 PM   #13
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
Maybe a weird question, but is the baby wearing cloth or sposies?

some sposies can cause rashes. And sometimes cloth diapers need some stripping when baby is getting continuous rashes.
He was wearing cloth(some were stripped before he wore them and the others are new) but switched to sposies when I ran out of liners. I should have more liners in the mail tomorrow so he'll be back in cloth when they get here.

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
He's only 6wks but it did start about 5days after he was diagnosed as dairy intolerent and put on Nutrimigen. Could that be causing it?
Could be. It'll take a little bit of time for his system to get used to it.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #15
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Usually a persistent rash is yeast, staph, an allergy to something, (food or contact), or sensitive skin. We always used regular Maalox/Mylanta mixed with aquaphor and if that didn't work we went in to the doc.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
SamanthaLove88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had this problem and my ped told me to give a baking soda bath. Get baby super dry down there then apply ointment. Many people don't realize that extra wetness can really cause extra irritation. Good luck mama! The rash I speak of was a yeast like rash and it was on my son so it does happen. And I make my own diaper cream so I can't really help.with that... unless you want to recipe
Old 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
MyKylie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sweets View Post
It might. I don't know enough about it to say for sure, I just know that sometimes when a rash doens't clear up it can be from something they are eating (or drinking) among other things; like a contact rash from a diaper. It might be worth switching formula to see if it helps...if nothing else seems to work.

K R M
MyKylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #18
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

You've gotten great advice so far

Just wanted to say, my DDs have sensitive skin and we've dealt with a LOT of stubborn, mysterious rashes.

I have gone through tons and tons of prescrip creams.

The ONLY cream I have found to work, almost every single time, is Weleda Diaper Cream. I've been using it for 5 yrs, and only recently found a rash it would not work on (which I think became infected slightly, and so that is why... it needed antibiotic ointment).

So, I would suggest if you have a rashy baby at all, to try it out. It is really a miracle, IMO & IME.

Also, you can try antibiotic ointment if you think it may be becoming infected. Just put the rash cream over it.

I hate diaper rashes.

Oh, and one last thing - ACV kills yeast and other ickies. You can put him in a shallow bath with some ACV in the water and just let his bum soak. It will help.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:42 PM   #19
reneaumommy
Registered Users
seller

are you using disposable wipes? My son reacted to all wipes with a yucky rash. Yeast also came to mind.
reneaumommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For ds all that worked was disposible diapers and prescription rash cream (it was a compounded cream that was aquaphor and something else). For the first 9 mons of his life I tried different wash routines, different fabrics, diaper types etc. i bought disposibles for something and the prescription rash cream finally worked - his bottom wasn't a bloody mess and he didn't scream bloody murder at diaper changes. I tried at 18 months to do cloth again and he went right back to rashes. At 3 he still gets rashes really easy if I'm not careful about changing him quick enough if he's wet or poopy. He just is super sensitive on his bottom. Neither of my girls was this way.

I hope you get your rash stuff figured out!
Rhianna'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote