Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #251
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals
I am going to suggest that everyone who is about to start menstruating, or is currently pregnant, step away from this thread. It would be sad if the posting here surpassed the "10 reasons not to circumcise your son" thread.
Hahaha!

Advertisement

Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #252
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post
I am going to suggest that everyone who is about to start menstruating, or is currently pregnant, step away from this thread. It would be sad if the posting here surpassed the "10 reasons not to circumcise your son" thread.
Ha! I definitely agree it's time for this thread to die a quiet death... although certainly menstruation and pregnancy aren't prerequisite to unreasonableness
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #253
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why Are Most Men So Ill-Equiped To Exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
I'm not sure how young the kids are in questions, but its honestly dangerous and irresponsible to nap when there are children awake and unsupervised.
When I was pg with DS2, DD was 5.5 mo-14.75 months old. I was exhausted so I would put her in the baby proofed, gated off play room, and lay my head down on a pillow on the floor, and nap while she played right next to me.

Now, at their present ages, I can send DS1 (10.5 yo) to go read in his room, and put my other two in their beds (5.5 yo and 4.5 yo) and know that they will stay in them while I nap in the room across the hall from them. I am a light sleeper and the sound of them opening the bottom half of their Dutch door rouses me.

They know what they are supposed to do and would tell on each other if they didn't. Call it dangerous and irresponsible all you want. It doesn't change their personalities or level of reliability that they have been raised to meet.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #254
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Decals View Post
What about one-week postpartum???

<------15 minutes in my head
Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #255
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
When I was pg with DS2, DD was 5.5 mo-14.75 months old. I was exhausted so I would put her in the baby proofed, gated off play room, and lay my head down on a pillow on the floor, and nap while she played right next to me.

Now, at their present ages, I can send DS1 (10.5 yo) to go read in his room, and put my other two in their beds (5.5 yo and 4.5 yo) and know that they will stay in them while I nap in the room across the hall from them. I am a light sleeper and the sound of them opening the bottom half of their Dutch door rouses me.

They know what they are supposed to do and would tell on each other if they didn't. Call it dangerous and irresponsible all you want. It doesn't change their personalities or level of reliability that they have been raised to meet.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #256
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

If somebody says something that is generally considered offensive, I don't think it's unusual to take offense without asking for clarification... Every time somebody says something that I find offensive I don't ask them "Excuse me, what exactly did you mean by that?". That just seems so odd. Of course, this will result in misunderstandings, but that's just part of life to a degree.

Of course, now I just have this mental image of people going around asking everyone "Was that meant to be offensive?" like little socially lost puppies, which is I'm sure not what you meant at all but very amusing in my head.
Yep, not what I meant. I meant people need to ask to make sure they understand what the other person is saying instead of assuming. As you know, it can be hard to interpret what someone means when typing. I've asked many times for clarification to make sure I am understanding where they are coming from.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #257
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle View Post
What about one-week postpartum???

<------15 minutes in my head
UM, YUP! I forgot about that raging hormone fest LOL -
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #258
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajane View Post

You typed those words so I quoted them. Here is your post and the bolded is what you typed that I quoted:

Well if people are taking offense then they need to ask for clarification, not what it implies or what they assume.

Yes, it is what *I* am able to do and *my*priorities hence the winking smilie face. My priorities ARE a certain way. That doesn't mean someone else's priorities that are different are wrong. It means those are their priorities and guess what? We can all have different priorities! And no, it doesn't imply that anyone is wrong.
No, I never typed "napping is a matter or priorities," as you keep quoting. Not to be snarky, but you can't really quote something someone said like that, if they not only didn't say it that way, but didn't say it at all. I typed your statement, where you said it's a matter of priorities. And I said why mamas take offense to that statement. I then gave sleep as an example, another of your points. Should I have worded it better, or should you have asked for clarification? That seems to be what we're on now lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 AM   #259
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
DP

Last edited by Hillargh; 01-29-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote