Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Keep or sell my double stroller?

In June, we moved into town with flat sidewalks and lots of walkability. Before that we lived on a rural road with a huge hill so I didn't walk much from home. After a few months in the new house I wad convinced that I needed a double stroller...with DS about to turn 4 and DD 15 months. I wanted to be able to really walk without having to wait for DS on his scoot bike or have him complain about walking. I saved up and sold a bunch of stuff and got a city mini double gt. It was a huge splurge for me and I have used it so much.

But, lately I'm pushing only DD in it. DS has finally learned to ride his pedal bike and he's really good. He moves faster than I do. He very very rarely wants to ride. I love the stroller but it's pretty wide so not very usable in and out of stores. Therefore I don't use it much except for walks. I would love to have a small stroller for DD on the rare occasion that we go shopping. I've thought about just getting a lightweight umbrella for that, but DH hates having lots of "gear" cluttering up the garage.

Before this stroller we had a BOB for years that I sold (very reluctantly) in order to get this one. I loved the Bob but it was still pretty bulky in the car. One thing I adore about the city mini is how small it folds up and fits well in my car.

So now I'm thinking I made a mistake getting a double. DS is a big kid and isn't really using it. We aren't having anymore kids. Should I sell the double and use the money for a single? I feel a little embarrassed considering getting rid of this double so soon after buying it but I wonder if I will get more use out of a single now. Or will I regret not having a double?

Advertisement

Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
MIpiccolo44
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Keep or sell my double stroller?

I would say that it depends on likely usage in the future. You said you aren't having more kids - is that certain? Are you likely to ever watch other people's kids or relatives kids? If you're sure you won't, just sell it and get a nice singe stroller. If you might use it, just get a cheap umbrella stroller, we keep one in our car so it's always handy.

That said, our garage is currently taken over with strollers, we have a single, a double, a single jogger a double jogger and each car has an umbrella stroller that just stays in the car. That said, we will probably be having more kids, so sometimes one kind will get more use than another, etc.
MIpiccolo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #3
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

If you only use it for one child I'd get rid of it and look at a sit N stand stroller or the graco version of the sit and stand. That way you have something on the off chance that DS doesn't feel like walking.

I got rid of 5 strollers in the past year including our double. No regrets. What I do regret is not getting the sit and stand. I would've used it tremendously in the past year.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene

Last edited by sojomisa; 01-28-2013 at 08:28 PM.
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIpiccolo44 View Post
I would say that it depends on likely usage in the future. You said you aren't having more kids - is that certain? Are you likely to ever watch other people's kids or relatives kids? If you're sure you won't, just sell it and get a nice singe stroller. If you might use it, just get a cheap umbrella stroller, we keep one in our car so it's always handy.

That said, our garage is currently taken over with strollers, we have a single, a double, a single jogger a double jogger and each car has an umbrella stroller that just stays in the car. That said, we will probably be having more kids, so sometimes one kind will get more use than another, etc.
Certainly for sure I am not having anymore kids. Unless there is a horrible disaster and I get pregnant, but I am trying my hardest not to let that happen! Three is almost more than I can handle! I may on occasion take care of other kids but I just don't see us using it that way. Usually if I have other kids we just stay home, because it's too hard to go anywhere...hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa View Post
If you only use it for one child I'd get rid of it and look at a sit N stand stroller or the graco version of the sit and stand. That way you have something on the off chance that DS doesn't feel like walking.

I got rid of 5 strollers in the past year including our double. No regrets. What I do regret is not getting the sit and stand. I would've used it tremendously in the past year.
I really really need the three-wheel, large tire design. We often are on trails or gravel, it's not all concrete jungle around here and I enjoy feeling like I can travel anywhere. Also, my kids are HUGE. I see that the Graco sit n stand has a higher weight limit but most go to 40 or 45 lbs and DS is 45, DD 40. I don't know how long they could use it!
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would get a cheapy single, but keep the double for long days out (fair, Disney, etc). I have about 8 strollers, though. Each one has its own purpose.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote