Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2yo DD Touching Lady Parts. .

Don't make her feel bad about it. Just make sure she does it in the privacy of her room.

Advertisement

Old 01-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #12
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ms. Kaun, I use pretty much that exact speech since my girls were 2 1/2 ish and 3 1/2ish and they got the basic concept. I don't want them to feel shame at all.

Last edited by Tris; 01-29-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Too slow
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalesWidda View Post
So when do you grow out of "the stage"?

LOL J/K but really OP, I would just tell her to do it in her room in private. It's totally normal and since it IS something ladies do I wouldn't tell her that she shouldn't do it.
Haha, well I didn't mean that touching yourself is a stage, I mean constant touching as a fascination. Or, maybe not. Especially for men
Old 01-29-2013, 11:10 AM   #14
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD humped herself to sleep for the longest time It seems to have let up a bit, but I still catch her doing it when she's overtired. She also likes to have her hands in her pants or touch her genitals when she gets up on the toilet. We teach her that's something to do privately (she's done it in front of guests ) & that she should wash her hands when she's done. I don't know that she's internalized any of it, but I'll keep repeating & redirecting until she does...
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #15
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Completely normal. I don't teach them no, because IMO it's perfectly natural to want to explore your own body, but I do redirect and make sure it's clear they only do it in their room or during their alone time.
This. We teach that "privates" are private and they can touch all they want in private. That is the only time we use the word privates and only to support the touching is for private times idea. We want them to know that its fine and normal- because it is, so that when it does turn into actual sexual gratification masturbation they will hopefully understand that is also normal.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
Honestly, I think it's just a stage. I wouldn't discourage it as long as you're in the privacy of your own home. Teaching her that it's not ladylike to touch her genitals might make her uncomfortable with her body.
I agree.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
Amjohnstone32
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I agree that ladies and gentlemen both do it! But ladies don't do it in front of everyone. I wasn't trying to shame the act, I have told her to do it in private. But she continues to do so in certain situations. Obviously I'm not perfect, which is why I even asked the question and brought the topic up. I was asking for help, not condemnation I know that it is perfectly natural, God created those areas as a gift to enjoy. I just wanted some advice as far as how to teach what is right and what is wrong. Thanks everyone.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Normal. I teach them more about hygiene (don't put your hands there right after you pee!!!) and appropriate times to do it.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #19
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amjohnstone32 View Post
I agree that ladies and gentlemen both do it! But ladies don't do it in front of everyone. I wasn't trying to shame the act, I have told her to do it in private. But she continues to do so in certain situations. Obviously I'm not perfect, which is why I even asked the question and brought the topic up. I was asking for help, not condemnation I know that it is perfectly natural, God created those areas as a gift to enjoy. I just wanted some advice as far as how to teach what is right and what is wrong. Thanks everyone.
Repetition. Same way you teach a child anything.
I can't see your siggy so I don't know how old your DD is but my 3yr old still needs to be told the same thing 20 times a day.
Just keep telling her it needs to be done in private and redirect her. She will get it eventually.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan View Post
Why would you tell her ladies don't do that? Ladies (and gentlemen) absolutely do this. Instead of shaming the act, which is a natural, normal act, and creating a lifelong issue with sexuality, why not teach appropriate boundaries? For our kids, that type of touching is only ok if they are alone in their rooms or bathroom.
ITA.
Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote