Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question Please help with potty pooping!

my son is 22mo old and has been peeing on the potty for about a month and and half.

He doesnt like the little potty and wants to use the toilet, so we have to help him every time he goes. He also only tells us about 1/4 of the time, the rest of the time we suggest it to him bc he is acting like he needs to go. Occasionally, when he is holding pee, he will leak a few drops in his pants, and then pee lots on the potty. But hasn't fully peed his pants in weeks.

He poops on the potty, SOMETIMES. once every couple days, he will tell me he needs to potty, and we go in and he poops on the potty. and he's so happy and proud! and we sing and celebrate. but, most of the time, i catch him bc he is acting like he is pooping and he has pooped a bit in his pants and then we will go and he will finish pooping on the potty. sometimes, i will have to make him go to the potty, sometimes he willingly goes. often, i will hear him mumbling "no potty" to himself, an hour or so later he will say "yes potty" and we will go and he will have pooped a small amount (like a marble size) in his pants, and then will go more on the potty.

He knows he should poop on the potty, and he is not afraid/uncomfortable with it. I don't know if he doesn't realize the difference between toots/poop until a little poop comes out, or if he just doesn't want to stop playing.

He's my first (only) baby and he's super smart. He understands concepts really fast, but im just not sure how to help him out here.

ANY advice would be REALLY appreciated!

Vegan wife to my BFF and love, J . CoSleeping, ing, BFing , babywearing, selective vax'ing, non-circing mama to G 3/22/11.

Last edited by azsuma1; 01-31-2013 at 02:45 PM.
azsuma1 is offline   Reply With Quote