Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

Re: More about Paraguard...

I am another that Paraguard tried to kill, lol. The heavy bleeding is unbelievable! I never thought it was possible to bleed as much as I did and survive. The whole time I had it the Dr. had me on iron supplements for anemia I bled so much. The cramps were like bad labor. Thankfully those were only about two days worth a month during my AF. The migraines I had were HORRIBLE. Never thought for the whole two years they could be from paraguard. THEN found a Dr. who ran some testing and found out I had certain metal allergies. You guessed it. I was allergic to what paraguard was made of. After two long years of thinking I was going to die I had it removed. Within hours I began feeling better, but it took a good month to be back to normal. Hope this helps.

If you wonder why I did not have it out sooner it is because I did not know that is what was causing the problem. I got paraguard 6 weeks pp so I thought pregnancy had changed my cycles. Especially since that is what the first OB kept telling me. So glad I changed Dr.'s.

Advertisement

tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #12
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellga

Details? I'm considering having one inserted as soon as possible after this baby is born, and I'd like to know the possible bad stuff from someone who has btdt.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mine perforated my uterus, probably shortly after insertion. Eventually it perforated my colon. Almost a year later after getting it inserted I. Had surgery to remove it. I almost ended up with a colostomy bag. The pain I was in would take my breath away. I am super lucky I didn't get pregnant. I am not even sure now if I can get pregnant.
This was two years ago. Uteruses aren't meant to have things in them (except babies and eventually they have to leave too). Making your body a toxic vessel is not a good idea.
If I had understood the risk, I would have never done it.
It's terrible because mine is not the only story and its also not the saddest.

I think the icing on the cake was the fact my OB trimmed the strings too short and they would literally stab my dh. He started to dread bding. The only way to fix it was to get a new one, which insurance wouldn't cover and we couldn't afford. Had I let them take it out and put a new one in they would have pulled my bowels out with it.

So a paraguard was literally the worst idea I ever had.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM   #13
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
My cousin had hers for 6 months or so with no problems which is why I went ahead and went that route.

I did get pregnant. Heterotopic. I had to have surgery and my right Fallopian tube removed. Wish I had never done it.
FormallyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #14
FormallyMichele
Registered Users
Formerly c****f
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by solobluedancer

Mine perforated my uterus, probably shortly after insertion. Eventually it perforated my colon. Almost a year later after getting it inserted I. Had surgery to remove it. I almost ended up with a colostomy bag. The pain I was in would take my breath away. I am super lucky I didn't get pregnant. I am not even sure now if I can get pregnant.
This was two years ago. Uteruses aren't meant to have things in them (except babies and eventually they have to leave too). Making your body a toxic vessel is not a good idea.
If I had understood the risk, I would have never done it.
It's terrible because mine is not the only story and its also not the saddest.

I think the icing on the cake was the fact my OB trimmed the strings too short and they would literally stab my dh. He started to dread bding. The only way to fix it was to get a new one, which insurance wouldn't cover and we couldn't afford. Had I let them take it out and put a new one in they would have pulled my bowels out with it.

So a paraguard was literally the worst idea I ever had.
Hugs Mama.
FormallyMichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpendergraff

Hugs Mama.
Thanks.