Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #11
Anna0623
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My son wants his hair long

My ds had long hair for almost a year and then he wouldnt let me wash it or brush it with out scteaming his little head off. He just turned 3 i was so sad to have cut it all off. Hope as it grows back out that he will allow me to brush and wash it so we can keep it long.

Advertisement

Anna0623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought I was going to cry when I had DS's hair cut after he'd had it slightly longer before. DH kept asking him if he wanted it buzzed to match his and he'd always say no. But one day he decided he wanted it buzzed, so I took him for a cut. It was a sad day.

Finally found the pics of his long hair before.
The first two are the day I took him for his haircut. The last one was earlier..before it had gotten as long.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVDesigns
I thought I was going to cry when I had DS's hair cut after he'd had it slightly longer before. DH kept asking him if he wanted it buzzed to match his and he'd always say no. But one day he decided he wanted it buzzed, so I took him for a cut. It was a sad day.

Finally found the pics of his long hair before.
The first two are the day I took him for his haircut. The last one was earlier..before it had gotten as long.
I LOVE straight shiny long bowl style cuts!! I always imagined my DS would have hair like that because my first born did but nope! He got the curls I can see why you liked it long.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM   #14
AVDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
I LOVE straight shiny long bowl style cuts!! I always imagined my DS would have hair like that because my first born did but nope! He got the curls I can see why you liked it long.
My younger sister told him his hair looked like a mushroom, so whenever we talk about his long hair, he always calls it a mushroom cut. LOL I have a picture of him up at work with his long hair and I pout every time I walk past it remembering the long hair. I'm just excited that he wants it long again!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #15
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My DS is 5 and has never had a haircut. Of course is daddy has long hair too, so he doesn't want to cut it. He has been mistaken for a girl but a lot of people can tell he's a boy. It doesn't bother him or us. In fact, even my DH has been called ma'am from behind a couple of times.

His rock-n-roll face.

His sweet face.

Old 01-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Tharen's hair It isn't normally in his face like that, I part it in the middle but it is curly and can get a bit wild. He had long hair until he was 2.5 and then asked to cut it into a mohawk and I let him. He just started growing it out a year ago (he had an Oi like mine for a while). His hair stayed back pretty well on its own with just a little styling lotion because of the curls but when necessary I used clippies to hold it back. He likes clippies and used to wear them in his bangs when he had the Oi. He will not let me pull his hair up when we are at Taekwondo so he wears a bandana then and when he is skating roller derby (most of the guys wear one under their helmets).

And of course Kearnan He is 11.5 and has had long hair almost his whole life. I started letting it grow when he was 2.5 but he did cut it once when he was 7. He prefers long hair. When it was growing out this last time I did clip it back for a while to help it stay parted. It wasn't hard to train his hair to part.

all of my guys have long hair Dh has been growing his hair out for a couple of years, his doesn't grow as fast as the boys.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #17
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliz7 View Post
My DS had had long hair his whole life. He is almost 12. These pictures are from the past couple of years.

It's been longer but never shorter than these pictures. People always thought he was a girl but it never bothered him. Now that he is older no one thinks he's a girl.
He is so cute! I love his curls. I wish my sons hair was this curly and I hope he let's his hair be long when he's older. So cute mama!!
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 AM   #18
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS has always had super short hair, but he wants to grow it long. He tried a couple years ago, but once it got to that shaggy stage he couldn't stand it anymore and asked to have it cut to a buzz again. He is growing it out again, and is just getting past the shaggy stage. When he wakes up I will take a picture. So far, he has straight shiny hair, but DH's hair would turn into Shirley Temple curls once it got a little longer than DS' hair is now (he had long hair throughout his teens), so we will see. I have super straight hair, so it could go either way.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM   #19
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son has always had long hair...I love it!

Last edited by napua; 02-08-2013 at 01:34 AM.
napua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

I only have a daughter and know my DH would balk if we had a boy who wanted long hair, however, I say let him do it. I do think that it's difficult for others to recognize a boy from a girl and can see who people mistake boys with long hair for girls since all children have such beautiful faces it's easy to mistake, but so what. I think you're teaching your child a much more valuable lesson by letting him make the choice to be an individual than to conform to what some people believe is more appropriate. In this modern day and age, it's important for children to learn to accept others regardless of whether they look different or not, but by not allowing him to grow his hair when he wants to, you have to decide why you won't let him. You may have valid reasons to say no, and that's absolutely fine, but if it's just b/c DH doesn't want him to look different than his peers, then keep in mind the lesson he's learning whether you vocalize it or not. This is just my and I'm not saying my POV is the right one so please do not be offended by my opinions. What is right for one family may not be the right thing for another so I just wanted to offer my (outspoken) opinion on the topic