Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #191
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August '11 - January Chatter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Crystal- we really need to sock some of our return away for a new vehicle for dh soon. I'm hoping we can get 2 more yrs out of it though.

Question for all you cloth mama's-- I recently added pockets to my rotation, and I normally try to change E every 2 hrs but he keeps leaking out! I don't think it's a repelling issue as much as it is an absorbency issue. I currently am using only one mf insert or 2 hemp inserts. The pockets are Alvas/sunbaby/kawaii (I think) I don't have any infant pf's either. Any suggestions?
you definitely need two mf inserts in there. Icould never get away with 1 mf insert. you could also try stripping them to make sure. Also as mf gets older it doesn't seem to work quite as well.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #192
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsa View Post
you definitely need two mf inserts in there. Icould never get away with 1 mf insert. you could also try stripping them to make sure. Also as mf gets older it doesn't seem to work quite as well.
Thanks- just seems pointless, afa the bulk goes, but I will see if I can come up with some more inserts, and maybe some better alternatives down the road.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #193
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Vanessa hemp holds alot but it tends not to absorb as quickly as mf or cotton so it usually needs something on top and then a hemp under the cotton or mf.

Could you use flats or something? What pockets are you using.

I stuff my bg 4.0s with flip organic insert. I use that at night with no issues. If Peyton was a heavier wetter I would but a hemp doubler in the middle of that.

YES I really am that far along. It freaks me out everyday LOL!! But I think we are almost ready for baby just need a couple more things. And with this baby we actually may not move until baby is here. LOL!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 PM   #194
Faithsa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Crystal- we really need to sock some of our return away for a new vehicle for dh soon. I'm hoping we can get 2 more yrs out of it though.

Question for all you cloth mama's-- I recently added pockets to my rotation, and I normally try to change E every 2 hrs but he keeps leaking out! I don't think it's a repelling issue as much as it is an absorbency issue. I currently am using only one mf insert or 2 hemp inserts. The pockets are Alvas/sunbaby/kawaii (I think) I don't have any infant pf's either. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Thanks- just seems pointless, afa the bulk goes, but I will see if I can come up with some more inserts, and maybe some better alternatives down the road.
I use the flips and their mf inserts are thicker so I don't need double but when I use my BG's or HH's I definitely need to use both inserts. It's a fluffy butt but it's so cute!

I've been busy. I made a kinetic mobile, a tutu and I'm making some frames for hair pretties. I'll have to try to post pics soon.. I need to find my staple gun so I can finish my frames.

ok a TMI question: Anyone here use a diaphragm? Condoms aren't working and hormones are out and anything that simply prevents implantation is out since I believe life begins at fertilization.

On another note, how do some of you do it? I feel like I'm always losing it. My house is always a disaster. And my kids are driving me nuts. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have my house be clean and organized.

On a positive note, my ds is potty trained! Day and night! DD is next. She's showing interest and I believe she is fully capable of getting it. She doesn't however, go to sleep on her own yet and it's driving me nuts! I don't want to let her CIO because I don't think it will work for her. She is soo much a Mama's girl and has become too attached to using my boob as a lovey. I'm at the point where I need her to go to sleep by herself but I'm not sure whether to attack the potty training first or the sleep issue. Logic says the sleep issue should be first because it would get confusing for her if I put on her night night diaper and she fights me for an hour... it happens often enough to be an issue... I do not however, want to miss the window of interest with the potty. OYE...

Anywho... I hope you all are doing well.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #195
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hey, I use a diaphragm for birth control, used for 6 years, so if you want info, pm me!
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #196
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithsa View Post
On another note, how do some of you do it? I feel like I'm always losing it. My house is always a disaster. And my kids are driving me nuts. I wish I could wave a magic wand and have my house be clean and organized.

Umm... yeah, so this is me too. No advice, lol!

Started doing a couple taxes things today- just going through some receipts. Between just the charge acct at the hardware store I work at and the lumberyard in town I'm up to over $4000 so that eases my mind a little bit. I still have a shoebox stuffed full of random receipts from Menards and food places from on the road. I'm hoping to be able to pull everything together and get a slot to do them in 2 weeks and make sort of a date night out of it after.

And my baby is a nutso, just to throw that out there!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #197
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies! idk what kind of mf inserts I have but most of them are on the thin side. I guess I need to get some extra inserts. I do have flats so I can use those for now too.

Sabrina- Don't feel bad. My house is always a mess and kids are always on my nerves lately. Evan is a handful too. Idk how I'm going to manage 4 kiddos. But I guess it's a little later to worry about that, huh? lol GL with the pt'ing!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #198
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
New thread in 2011 due daters, don't know how to post a link from my phone.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote