Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #21
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
So far, im on a diff track this pg. only gained 18lb at 29w, but it still weirds me out to gain when i work sooooooo hard to lose. I gain 53lb with both ds and dd. Im actually exercising less this time. I can only hope and pray that on demand bfing will melt the pounds away this time, unlike last time:/
I have a bridesmaid dress to wear in june o.O
Plus side: i tried on my 10s, and they fit over my hips still. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts.

Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #22
kcannon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was about 119 and I'm up to 136 at 26 weeks. Of course in my head I'm thinking, "OMG! 17 pounds???!!! That's way too much!" I know realistically that it's really not bad. I gained probably about 60 ponds with DD (I had preeclampsia), so I've been trying very hard to watch my weight. I exercise daily and eat a whole foods, vegetarian diet. I agree with all the other ladies. Just take care of yourself and try not to worry.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #23
BiskMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weight gain?

Thank you ladies for all the wunderfull stories and advice, I'm glad I'm not the only one struggleing with weight gain. The only thing I can really put my finger on that's different with my eating habbits now and before baby is more protein. My husband is trying to go on a low/no carb diet, so meat is the thing he can eat rite now, meening that he thinks because of the baby I need extra protein.
For instance this morning I had a boal of oatmeal with apple slices and craysons in it, and a hard cooked egg with 1% milk. My husband tried to get me to eat sossage or baken but I was full and didn't think I needed extra callories. For snack I had an orenge, and for lunch am planning on having a chicken sallad. The only soda I drink is ginger ail, a habbit I got started when I was so sick, but I've started cutting them back from one a day to one every 2-3 days or more.
BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 AM   #24
LacyHolly
Registered Users

I'm having the opposite worry about my weight gain...I'm 30 weeks along on Wednesday and at my last appointment I had gained a total of 8lbs all together. I started off a little "fluffy" though as my doctor says though. It's not like I'm not eating! I mean, I am not starving all the time or feeling like I need to eat more than I used to, but I am definitely not, not eating. I always get paranoid that something is wrong and that's why I'm not gaining weight!!!
So, I think either way you go...you're bound to feel some sort of self consciousness about it. I've started just ignoring what people say and just keep focusing on that Baby is healthy and growing right on track! That's what's REALLY matters and is important!
LacyHolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
estrellajane
Registered Users
seller

I've gained 18lbs so far. As long as you're eating a healthy, well balanced diet, your body is going to gain what it needs to gain. I would not restrict calories or certain foods. Just focus on eating healthfully!
estrellajane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #26
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hate to say it but I have gained over 30 lbs this pregnancy. The amazing thing is it is ALL BELLY, like my pre-pregnancy pants still fit over my hips just fine and everything. I am 29 weeks right now, I don't over-eat. My baby is measuring about 2 weeks ahead. My Dr has said something to me but honestly I just had ice cream last night for the first time in 2 months. I know I am not over binging on the junk food. I wouldn't stress about it. As long as baby is healthy who really cares? It sounds like you were kinda petite to begin with as well, that can certainly effect your weight gain as well. We are naturally designed to put on weight during pregnancy. Don't let the number on the scale freak you out.
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #27
forbes246
Registered Users
seller

I would say don't worry about it. I am so much bigger with this, my second baby. I only gained a total of 25 lbs with my first, but she was a girl and came out weighing 5 lbs 2 ozs. At my last appointment 28 weeks I had gained 20 lbs. So with 12 weeks left, I feel certain I will be well above 25 lbs, like my first. This one is boy and am hoping for a bigger baby, because with smaller babys comes more problems. Such as really having to watch their weight and everything not fully developed.
forbes246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #28
Blessed2005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Never have any of my female OB's said a word ab weight gain, but the one male I saw with DD made comments. I am ab 5'3" I was 134lbs. when I got pregnant with DS1 and DD....gained 42 lbs with him and about 30 lbs with her. I am pregnant with DS2 due in April, weighed 124 when I got pregnant with him and have gained 20-22ish lbs.....my doctor only says, " weight looks good." I would not worry about it, definitely would not cut calories or foods unless weight was out of control. That's crazy to me. Sorry he's making you feel bad....
Old 02-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #29
steph410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2005 View Post
Never have any of my female OB's said a word ab weight gain, but the one male I saw with DD made comments. I am ab 5'3" I was 134lbs. when I got pregnant with DS1 and DD....gained 42 lbs with him and about 30 lbs with her. I am pregnant with DS2 due in April, weighed 124 when I got pregnant with him and have gained 20-22ish lbs.....my doctor only says, " weight looks good." I would not worry about it, definitely would not cut calories or foods unless weight was out of control. That's crazy to me. Sorry he's making you feel bad....
I have had similar experiences with my OBs. I usually gain about 35lbs total, but with my first I think I gained 45lbs. It was literally all belly with the first one. Sometimes I complain that I don't like gaining weight and my doctors have actually been the ones to tell me not to worry about it & that a lot of it is water weight gain.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #30
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I'm right on track. I've gained about 24 pounds at almost 33 weeks. I usually don't gain for the last few weeks. I'm sure I will be under 30 pounds total weight gain. I'm 5'6" and started at 150.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote