Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Help! My LO seems to hate cloth :(

We have been out of cloth for a while. LO got hurt and wasn't able to wear cloth. I am also expecting and couldn't take his toddler poo. We finally made the switch back into cloth. Not only do all his diapers seem to fit him crazy, he hates having them on. If he sees that I am going to change him in to a cloth diaper he runs away crying. He gets a disposable and brings it to me. I have tried all kinds of diapers, AIOs, AI2s, pockets, fllats, prefolds, fleece liners, no fleece liners. I do have to use a bio liner bc I still can't take poo scraping. Anyone ever go through this? Suggestions or advice? Thanks

Advertisement

2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help! My LO seems to hate cloth :(

I've never gone through that specifically, but can you tell what is bothering him? Is it the wetness or is it the fit? Are the diapers too tight? I'd try to use something as similar in fit to a disposable as possible and make sure it is stay dry.

How old is he? Could he be showing signs on potty learning? My daughter got super picky right before she potty trained, but mostly she didn't want wear anything at all and would remove her diaper immediately when she pee/pooped and leave it on the floor. Sometimes, if it was a prefold snapied on she would scream and rip at it when she peed. Maybe get him some trainers or underwear and sit him on the potty?
HappiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
I agree with th pp. I would use up the rest of the disposables and then let him know the options are cloth or the potty!

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help! My LO seems to hate cloth :(

Maybe its the disposable liners? The ones I've seen in person I wouldn't want touching my bum. Could you try cloth liners? Something easy to swish?

How old is he? Maybe he just wants to choose the opposite of what you want... It really stinks he is crying. Have you tried skipping the disposable liner, maybe when not expecting a poo?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
Maybe its the disposable liners? The ones I've seen in person I wouldn't want touching my bum. Could you try cloth liners? Something easy to swish?

How old is he? Maybe he just wants to choose the opposite of what you want... It really stinks he is crying. Have you tried skipping the disposable liner, maybe when not expecting a poo?
I thought maybe that's what it was, but I am in love with just tossing poo. They feel stiff. I have washed only pee ones and they seem to not be as scratchy. Maybe I just need to give them all a quick wash dry before I use theme. He is a mystery pooper. I don't know when or how many times he will #2 in a day. He also has sticky peanut butter poo which makes swishing hard. I could give it a shot though and see if that helps him.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maybe cut up some fleece to use as liners. It wouldn't be as hard to swish them as an entire diaper and they're stay dry. Maybe the stay dry is what he likes about the sposies?