Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

all kinds of questions for 8 month old

how many lbs was your lo before they where on the highest rise set of snaps for most/all of your aios and covers?
owen is probably 19 lbs and is on the highest setting but still pretty small in the waist setting.

how do you deep clean your diapers?
since in in minnesota i cant line dry outside so the dipes are getting a bit dingy. how do you deep clean them. (i dont need to strip necessarily)

why does his aio diapers leak out the back by the leg holes some times especially when he is napping?

how do you keep smells out of the diaper bag for solid poops?
now that his poo is formed and he is on regular solid meals he has some stinky poops. i use a draw string thirties wet bag and sprits it with some natures miracle oder remover before i leave the house. regardless the bag just smells like poop :/

thanks for any advice

Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My DD was on the highest rise setting by 9 months.

Are you dumping the poo before putting it in the wet bag? I used to use bac out, which smells great. Now I use liners and throw the poo out and take it to our outside trash frequently.

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: all kinds of questions for 8 month old

how many lbs was your lo before they where on the highest rise set of snaps for most/all of your aios and covers?
Probably 8-12 mos... honestly I can't remember. DD has chubby thighs, small waist, long torso so we were on the highest rise setting fairly quickly, just snapped way in at the waist.

how do you deep clean your diapers?
If you aren't talking about stripping, just a generally brightening up, sunning really is best - I have heard that you CAN do it when it's cold, but sunning won't necessarily = drying :-) We use 1-2 tbsp of bleach once a month or so, which also helps. Are ypu having any stink issues or just looking for a "pretty" bright?

why does his aio diapers leak out the back by the leg holes some times especially when he is napping?
He's probably shifting around more in his sleep, now that he is older and more mobile. Sounds like the leg holes are too big - either snap in closer, or check out specific diapers to see if the elastic is getting stretched out?

how do you keep smells out of the diaper bag for solid poops?
We use separate small wetbags for out and about, so much less issue with poop smell. We always use zippered wetbags, planetwise have held up really well and when it's zipped you truly can't smell anything. You ARE dumping the poop before you stash it away, usually, right? Sometimes it's not convenient when out and about but 99% of the time the poop is dumped asap. That helps cut down on the ick factor.
I really miss those easy-peasy ebf poos. Sing along with me - "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone... !"
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Wash routine? Washing poo out before pail? How does lo nap(back or front)? Do you double stuff or double up on nap diapers? I take wetbags out of diaper bag asap when we got home & leave bagt open. I also twist too after putting diapers or wipes in wetbag.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 AM   #5
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

i try to dump poo asap but some times its not always possible.

id like a brightening up for the diapers mainly my pfs.

owen sleeps on his back and side. i dont do anything fancy for naptimes. he is a pretty average wetter and takes one hour naps 3 times a day.

some times if the poo is well formed i just take a tissue or tp and wrap it up then flush. that way i dont need to take the whole diaper with a cranky lo (he wants to walk, if he isnt walking he get mad)