Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
KarissaRebar
Registered Users

ISO Diaper fabric

I am wondering where is the best place and price to get diaper fabrics. I dont like the stuff they sell at joanns. I ordered sample cuts from Diapersewingsupplies.com and they seem really thin an papery. Not sure if they would hold up. I have searached a few other sites but am not having much luck.
Thanks

Advertisement

KarissaRebar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: ISO Diaper fabric

Depending on what you're looking for... knits or the absorbent layers? Here on DS (craft supplies) section you can sometimes find stuff... same with naturesfabrics.com (good quality stuff) and The Fabric Fairy has knit prints. Wazoodle (sp?) I'm not sure if it's still up and running, I've never ordered from them but I've heard they have quite a selection. I've also noticed that Fabric.com has a diaper central section with PUL and some PUL prints. Etsy is also another place that sells diaper cuts and yardage (same with Hyena Cart).

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
caitlinsmmom
Registered Users
seller

When I was making diapers I always ordered from Very Baby. Quick shipping and always well stocked. That was about 5 years ago but they still look good now.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
Pumpkinnoodlemama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the info! I would love to try my hand at making diapers, but wondered about where to get fabric too. Appreciate it!
Pumpkinnoodlemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
littlehands
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Diaper Sewing Supplies sells very good quality items. If you're looking at PUL, and it's been a few years since you've purchased diaper supplies, you might just be comparing apples to oranges. When I was first sewing, it was very common to have thicker fabrics laminated with 2 mil of PUL coating. Now, most base fabrics are a much more pliable polyester fabric and it is almost unheard of to have 2 mil laminate anymore- 1 mil is more than sufficient. That makes them inherently more drapey and thin, but they work just as well, if not better.

I've used supplies from almost everywhere and any time frame from currently available to 14+ years ago. Every established seller/company I am aware of makes comparable and quality products that work.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #6
studiohutch22
Registered Users

My Mood:

What about co-ops? Can anyone point us in the right directions for fabric co-ops?

Thanks
studiohutch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
Helloloni
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for that diaper sewing supplies resource - i can't wait to check it out!
Helloloni is offline   Reply With Quote