Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #11
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: veggie favorites?

We love edamame succotash. Saute a little onion in some EVOO. Add to it edamame, corn, and tomatoes (if ya want). Cook til veggies are tender. Yummy!! I use frozen shelled edamame and cook it before I add it to the onion. I use frozen corn and add it straight to the pot.

We also like beet & sweet potato hash. Peel and slice 2-3 beets & 2-3 sweet potatoes. Slice them into tiny cubes. Put them on a pan, sprinkle a little EVOO or spray some on them, a little sea salt, and bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until they are soft and tasty. When done, take them out and set to the side. Meanwhile, saute a little onion and some garlic in a saucepan w/some EVOO. Once the onions are transluscent add the beets & sweet potatoes, stir to coat/warm through, and your are done. so yummy!!

I also serve edamame by itself, shelled and unshelled. All of my boys, including Son #2 (aka Picky Pete :s) love them.

Advertisement

lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

oh my gosh that zuchini made my mouth water, def trying that! All these sound so good!
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #13
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We add spinach/greens to everything - tear it up and put it in quesadillas along with beans and corn, let it wilt into hot pasta after draining it, throw it into soup, add it to sandwiches, etc. We also like greens with homemade dressing. If we have just a side of veggies it's usually roasted root veggies, corn and peas mixed together, carrots (maybe something like this or this), broccoli with cheese on top, etc.

This zucchini parm was really good and I really want to try bacon-wrapped asparagus and some of those recipes I've seen for mashed cauliflower that tastes like mashed potatoes.

One of our favorite recipes - though I play around with the ingredients from time to time - is this veggie cobbler (I often add chicken, too).
Preggers with baby #4!

Follow me & my crazy thoughts on Wordpress
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #14
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Bacon bussel sprouts...divine!

Cook 2 or 3 slices of bacon until crispy. Remove from pan. Leave about 1 tbspn of fat in the pan.

Wash, peel and quarter brussel sprouts. Cook in the bacon fat with about a teasp of garlic and some salt. Crumble bacon back into the pan and serve. YUM!

Brussel sprout chips.

Separate the leaves from your brussel sprouts, until you have a couple cups worth...toss with a tablespoon of melted butter and salt. Consider adding lemon zest, parm cheese, chili powder, etc.... this is one of my fav snacks!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote